Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe

clintonbee

Novice Foodie
Crisp-Asian-Cucumber-Salad.jpg

I recently whipped up an Asian cucumber salad, and it was a total game-changer! The crisp cucumbers paired perfectly with a tangy, savory dressing that left me craving more. It’s incredibly refreshing and super easy to make. Here’s how you can make it too:

Ingredients:

- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced​
- 1 tablespoon salt​
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar​
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce​
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil​
- 1 tablespoon sugar​
- 1 clove garlic, minced​
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger​
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional, for some heat)​
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds​
- 2 green onions, chopped​

Instructions:

1. Place the cucumber slices in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and let them sit for about 20 minutes to draw out excess water. Rinse and pat them dry.​
2. In a bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger until the sugar dissolves.​
3. Toss the cucumbers in the dressing, ensuring they are well-coated. Add the red pepper flakes if you like a bit of spice.​
4. Let the salad sit for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.​
5. Before serving, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions.​

This salad is a perfect side dish for any meal, especially during the warmer months. Enjoy! 🥒✨

View attachment 4404

I recently whipped up an Asian cucumber salad, and it was a total game-changer! The crisp cucumbers paired perfectly with a tangy, savory dressing that left me craving more. It’s incredibly refreshing and super easy to make. Here’s how you can make it too:

Ingredients:

- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced​
- 1 tablespoon salt​
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar​
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce​
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil​
- 1 tablespoon sugar​
- 1 clove garlic, minced​
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger​
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional, for some heat)​
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds​
- 2 green onions, chopped​

Instructions:

1. Place the cucumber slices in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and let them sit for about 20 minutes to draw out excess water. Rinse and pat them dry.​
2. In a bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger until the sugar dissolves.​
3. Toss the cucumbers in the dressing, ensuring they are well-coated. Add the red pepper flakes if you like a bit of spice.​
4. Let the salad sit for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.​
5. Before serving, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions.​

This salad is a perfect side dish for any meal, especially during the warmer months. Enjoy! 🥒✨
Hey, that Asian cucumber salad sounds absolutely delish! 🥒 Thanks for sharing the recipe—I'm definitely gonna give it a try. The combo of crisp cucumbers with that tangy, savory dressing sounds like a total game-changer. Can't wait to whip it up! 🙌

Back