Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
mexican-rice-1.jpg

I recently made this authentic Mexican rice, and it turned out so flavorful! It's the perfect side dish for any Mexican meal. Here's how you can make it:

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup long-grain white rice
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/2 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon tomato paste
  • 1 3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)

Instructions:​

1. Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Drain well.
  2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until it turns golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
  3. Stir in the chopped onion, garlic, tomato, and tomato paste. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the vegetables soften.
  4. Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, then season with salt and cumin. Bring to a boil.
  5. Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
  6. Fluff the rice with a fork. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired before serving.
This Mexican rice recipe is a hit every time I make it—full of rich flavors that pair perfectly with tacos or enchiladas. Enjoy! 🍚😋

Wow! That authentic Mexican rice looks typically delicious, and looks like it has rich flavor profile from ingredients like tomatoes, garlic, onions, and spices.🍚🍚

Your authentic Mexican rice recipe looks amazing! Can't wait to recreate this at home—it's one of my favorite sides for tacos and enchiladas. Thanks for sharing a taste of Mexico!

View attachment 4843

I recently made this authentic Mexican rice, and it turned out so flavorful! It's the perfect side dish for any Mexican meal. Here's how you can make it:

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup long-grain white rice
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/2 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon tomato paste
  • 1 3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)

Instructions:​

1. Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Drain well.
  2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until it turns golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
  3. Stir in the chopped onion, garlic, tomato, and tomato paste. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the vegetables soften.
  4. Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, then season with salt and cumin. Bring to a boil.
  5. Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
  6. Fluff the rice with a fork. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired before serving.
This Mexican rice recipe is a hit every time I make it—full of rich flavors that pair perfectly with tacos or enchiladas. Enjoy! 🍚😋
This is exactly what I've been looking for! Perfect for taco nights! 🌮

Back