Authentic Paella Valenciana Recipe - A Taste of Spain's Culinary Heritage

wolfgang

Culinary Explorer
Today, I am delighted to share with you a timeless treasure from the heart of Spain - Paella Valenciana. Originating from the picturesque region of Valencia, this iconic dish is a celebration of Spanish culinary tradition and vibrant flavors. Imagine a golden saffron-infused rice adorned with a colorful medley of tender chicken, succulent seafood, and savory Spanish chorizo, all simmered to perfection in a fragrant broth infused with garlic, tomatoes, and spices. Paella Valenciana is not just a dish; it's a culinary journey that captures the essence of Spanish culture and hospitality. So, let's don our aprons, gather our ingredients, and immerse ourselves in the art of creating this exquisite paella that will transport us to the sun-drenched shores of Valencia with every savory bite!

Ingredients:
Authentic Paella Valenciana Recipe - A Taste of Spain's Culinary Heritage.jpg

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
  • 8 ounces Spanish chorizo, sliced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
  • 2 cups Spanish Bomba rice (or short-grain rice)
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 12 small clams or mussels, scrubbed
  • Lemon wedges, for serving
  • Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Ingredients:
    • Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
    • Heat the olive oil in a large paella pan or skillet over medium heat.
  2. Cook the Chicken and Chorizo:
    • Add the chicken thighs to the pan, skin side down, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
    • In the same pan, add the sliced chorizo and cook until lightly browned. Remove and set aside with the chicken.
  3. Sauté the Aromatics:
    • In the same pan, add the diced onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Sauté until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
  4. Add the Tomatoes and Rice:
    • Stir in the diced tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
    • Add the Spanish Bomba rice to the pan and stir to coat in the oil and vegetables.
  5. Simmer the Paella:
    • Return the chicken and chorizo to the pan.
    • In a separate pot, heat the chicken broth until simmering. Dissolve the saffron threads in a small amount of hot broth, then add the saffron-infused broth to the paella pan.
    • Season with smoked paprika, sweet paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
  6. Add the Seafood and Peas:
    • Arrange the shrimp, clams or mussels, and frozen peas on top of the rice mixture.
    • Cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil and let the paella simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the seafood is cooked through and the shells have opened.
  7. Finish and Serve:
    • Once the rice is cooked and the seafood is done, remove the paella from the heat.
    • Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
    • Enjoy this authentic taste of Spain with family and friends, and savor the rich flavors of Paella Valenciana!

This Paella Valenciana is like a taste bud vacation to Spain! 🥘 The saffron rice, chicken, chorizo, and shellfish all dance in your mouth. Can't wait to whip this up and impress my amigos! 💃

I'm excited to give this a try and transport my taste buds to Spain. Does anyone have any tips for perfecting the cooking process? 🥘

Authentic Paella Valenciana Recipe? A taste of Spain's culinary heritage right in my kitchen! 🥘🇪🇸 Can't wait to recreate this iconic dish. Thanks for bringing a piece of Spain to us!

Back