Baked Beans Recipe

Popsickle

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a delicious and easy recipe for baked beans! 🍲✨ Perfect for any meal, these beans are sweet, savory, and packed with flavor. Let's get cooking! 😋👩‍🍳
217×294
134.4 kB

1716256283184.png

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups cooked navy beans (or 2 cans of navy beans, drained and rinsed)
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup bacon, diced (optional for a vegetarian version)
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup water

Instructions:
  1. Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Cook Bacon (Optional): In a large skillet, cook the diced bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside, leaving about 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in the skillet. If you're making a vegetarian version, skip this step and use a bit of oil instead.
  3. Cook Onions: Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
  4. Prepare Sauce: In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
  5. Combine Ingredients: In a large baking dish, combine the cooked navy beans, cooked onions (and bacon if using). Pour the sauce over the beans and mix well. Add 1 cup of water and stir to combine.
  6. Bake: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. After an hour, remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened to your liking.
  7. Serve: Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy your homemade baked beans!

Just made a batch of homemade baked beans and they're a total flavor explosion! Sweet, savory, and oh-so-satisfying. Perfect for BBQs, picnics, or just cozy nights in. 🍛😋 #bakedbeans #comfortfood

Baked Beans Recipe? Classic comfort food alert! Perfect for cozy nights in or BBQ gatherings. Can't wait to whip up a batch and savor every bite. Thanks for sharing this timeless favorite! 🤤

Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a delicious and easy recipe for baked beans! 🍲✨ Perfect for any meal, these beans are sweet, savory, and packed with flavor. Let's get cooking! 😋👩‍🍳
217×294
134.4 kB

View attachment 3301
Ingredients:
  • 4 cups cooked navy beans (or 2 cans of navy beans, drained and rinsed)
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup bacon, diced (optional for a vegetarian version)
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup water

Instructions:
  1. Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Cook Bacon (Optional): In a large skillet, cook the diced bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside, leaving about 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in the skillet. If you're making a vegetarian version, skip this step and use a bit of oil instead.
  3. Cook Onions: Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
  4. Prepare Sauce: In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
  5. Combine Ingredients: In a large baking dish, combine the cooked navy beans, cooked onions (and bacon if using). Pour the sauce over the beans and mix well. Add 1 cup of water and stir to combine.
  6. Bake: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. After an hour, remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened to your liking.
  7. Serve: Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy your homemade baked beans!
I tried this recipe but my beans turned out too mushy and the flavor wasn't quite right. 😞 Any tips on what I might have done wrong?

This is a tried-and-true baked beans dish that will delight everyone at the table! 🍲✨ The flavorful blend of acidic ketchup, savory spices, and sweet molasses makes this recipe ideal for any dinner, whether you choose to add crispy bacon for an extra savory punch or keep it vegetarian-friendly. It's also quite simple to make! Can't wait to make some and taste how good it is. Very appreciate you sharing this delicious dish! 😋👩‍🍳

I've always loved the sweet and savory flavors of baked beans. Can't wait to try this version out. Any tips on getting that perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess? Thanks for sharing! 😋✨

Back