Baked Eggplant Parmesan

legendleejieun

Culinary Explorer
Baked Eggplant Parmesan.jpeg

Hey veggie lovers! If you’re in the mood for something hearty, cheesy, and oh-so-comforting, you’ve gotta try this Baked Eggplant Parmesan. It’s crispy, saucy, and perfect for a cozy dinner. Let’s get to cooking!

Ingredients:

• 2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3 large eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 cups marinara sauce
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Fresh basil leaves for garnish
Procedure:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Set up a breading station with three shallow bowls: one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and one with breadcrumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
  3. Dip each eggplant slice first in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat well.
  4. Place the breaded eggplant slices on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crispy.
  5. Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange a layer of eggplant slices on top, then cover with more marinara sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with mozzarella on top.
  6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  7. Let it cool slightly before serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
And there you go! Hearty, cheesy Baked Eggplant Parmesan that’s perfect for a cozy and comforting dinner. Enjoy your delicious veggie feast!

Baked Eggplant Parmesan sounds amazing! 🍆🧀 I love how it's a lighter take on a classic dish. The crispy layers and gooey cheese are calling my name. Can't wait to try this recipe! 😋🍽️

This Baked Eggplant Parmesan looks incredibly hearty and comforting—can't wait to enjoy a cozy dinner with this crispy, cheesy delight! 🍆🧀

This Baked Eggplant Parmesan looks absolutely delicious! 🍆 Love that it's baked instead of fried—such a healthier twist. Can’t wait to try making this myself—thanks for sharing! 😋

This Baked Eggplant Parmesan looks amazing! I love how it’s a bit lighter than the traditional version. Can’t wait to try this out for a healthier take on a classic comfort dish. 🍆🧀🍽️

Back