Baked Eggplant Sandwich Delight

Aprodhite

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Yesterday, I experimented with making a baked eggplant sandwich for dinner, it was a delightful twist on this classic favorite! If you're looking for a satisfying vegetarian option, you've got to give this recipe a try 😁😁😁
ngredients:
baked eggplant sandwich.jpg

• 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • 4 ciabatta rolls or sandwich buns
  • 1 cup marinara sauce
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
  2. Place the eggplant slices on the prepared baking sheet. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
  3. Bake the eggplant slices in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
  4. While the eggplant is baking, split the ciabatta rolls or sandwich buns in half and lightly toast them.
  5. Once the eggplant slices are ready, assemble the sandwiches by spreading marinara sauce on the bottom half of each roll. Place a few slices of baked eggplant on top of the sauce.
  6. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the eggplant slices, followed by a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
  7. Place the assembled sandwiches back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  8. Remove the sandwiches from the oven and top with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
  9. Serve the baked eggplant sandwiches hot, and enjoy the gooey, cheesy goodness!

I guess thats it hehe, I hope you enjoy making and devouring these baked eggplant sandwiches as much as I did! If you have any tips or variations you'd like to share I would love to hear them, Thank you 😉

Your baked eggplant sandwich sounds amazing! 🍆🧀 Eggplants are my absolute favorite 💓 I'm definitely adding this to my must-try list! Thanks for sharing the recipe and your experience with it! 😋

Back