BAKED MAC AND CHEESE WITH BREAD CRUMBS

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! allow me to share a beloved recipe straight from my mother's kitchen: Baked Mac and Cheese with Bread Crumbs. This dish holds a special place in my heart, and I'm thrilled to pass it on to you. With its creamy cheese sauce and crispy topping, it's a taste of home that I'm eager to share with everyone.

BAKED MAC AND CHEESE WITH BREAD CRUMBS

BAKED MAC AND CHEESE WITH BREAD .jpg

INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE MAC AND CHEESE WITH BREAD CRUMBS:

• grated mozzarella cheese - it's stretchy and gooey when it melts, and it adds richness to the sauce
  • grated cheddar cheese - it adds a sharp touch to the cheese sauce
  • grated parmesan cheese - it adds a nutty flavour to the dish
  • full-fat milk - semi-skimmed or skimmed milk not ok, they are not creamy enough
  • butter -I used salted butter, unsalted also ok
  • salt & black pepper
  • dijon mustard
  • golden bread crumbs - or panko breadcrumbs
  • plain flour - to thicken the sauce

DIRECTIONS:

- melt the butter in a large saucepan

- add the flour and whisk well to get a smooth paste

- gradually add the milk, whisking well to avoid lumps forming, and continue to stir until the sauce beings to thicken

- add the black pepper, salt and dijon mustard, then in go the mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan

- stir well until you get a creamy sauce, then remove it from the heat

- Once the pasta is cooked and smothered in the cheese sauce, transfer everything to an oven-proof dish that had been buttered.

- Spread the topping over the macaroni, and bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit) for about 10-15 minutes until bubbly hot. And that's it! Enjoy it, it's a dish of a kind!

You won't regret trying this Baked Mac and Cheese with Bread Crumbs. It's a surefire crowd-pleaser that'll have everyone coming back for seconds. So, dive in and enjoy every cheesy, crunchy bite!

What a heartwarming tradition! 🧀❤️ Your Baked Mac and Cheese with Bread Crumbs recipe sounds like pure comfort food bliss—a taste of home that's impossible to resist. Thank you for sharing this beloved dish straight from your mother's kitchen!

Back