Baked Meat Pie

Idris

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🥧 I made this baked meat pie last night, and it turned out so hearty and delicious. Perfect comfort food, and surprisingly simple to make. Here’s the recipe!
1200×740
62.6 kB

Baked Meat Pie.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 lb ground beef (or lamb)
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 1/2 cup peas
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 cup beef broth
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed)
  • 1 egg (for egg wash)
Instructions:

1. Cook the Filling: In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, thyme, and smoked paprika. Cook until the veggies soften. Stir in the flour, then add the beef broth. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Add peas, and season with salt and pepper.
  2. Prepare the Pastry: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll out one puff pastry sheet and place it in a greased pie dish.
  3. Fill the Pie: Spoon the beef mixture into the pastry-lined dish, spreading it evenly. Roll out the second puff pastry sheet and place it over the filling. Seal the edges and cut a few slits in the top for steam to escape.
  4. Bake: Brush the top with beaten egg, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crispy.
  5. Serve: Let it cool slightly before serving.
It’s warm, flaky, and super satisfying—hope you enjoy!

This Baked Meat Pie looks so hearty and comforting! The golden crust and savory filling are making my mouth water. Perfect for a cozy meal or a family dinner. Can’t wait to try this recipe and indulge in all that deliciousness! 😋👌 Thanks for sharing!

Omg, this baked meat pie sounds so bomb! 🤤 Love the combo of beef, veggies, and that flaky puff pastry—definitely gotta try it out soon! Thanks for sharing, I’m sure it’s gonna hit the spot! 🙌

Back