Baked Mussels au Gratin

fluffyiyoyo

Culinary Explorer
Hey, seafood lovers! 🙆‍♀️ Obsessed with that creamy, cheesy goodness you get at fancy restaurants with baked mussels? Well, guess what? You can totally make it at home, and it's surprisingly easy! 🙌

Ingredients:
Baked Mussels au Gratin.jpg

• 2 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet.
  2. In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
  3. Add the mussels and white wine to the pot. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes, or until the mussels have opened up. Discard any mussels that haven't opened.
  4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked mussels to the prepared baking dish.
  5. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and stir in the Gruyère and Parmesan cheeses until melted and well combined.
  6. Pour the cheesy cream sauce over the mussels, making sure to coat them evenly.
  7. Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs and chopped parsley over the top of the cheesy mussels.
  8. Bake the Baked Mussels au Gratin for 15-20 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
  9. Serve the Baked Mussels au Gratin immediately, with crusty bread for dipping in the delicious cheese sauce.
Serve it as a starter or the main course, either way, get ready for some serious "wow" moments ;) Let me know if you try this recipe!!

Wow, thanks for sharing this recipe! I love how simple the ingredients are – makes it seem totally doable for a home cook like me🤤

Wow, baked mussels au gratin? 🤩 That sounds absolutely mouthwatering! Can't wait to try this elegant twist on a seafood classic. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm definitely adding it to my cooking lineup!

Oh wow, this Baked Mussels au Gratin recipe sounds incredible! 🧀🐚 I love how it's both fancy and easy to make at home. Can't wait to give it a try – the cheesy, creamy goodness is calling my name! Thanks for sharing, this is definitely going on my must-make list! 😋🍽️

Hey, seafood lovers! 🙆‍♀️ Obsessed with that creamy, cheesy goodness you get at fancy restaurants with baked mussels? Well, guess what? You can totally make it at home, and it's surprisingly easy! 🙌

Ingredients:View attachment 1756
  • 2 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet.
  2. In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
  3. Add the mussels and white wine to the pot. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes, or until the mussels have opened up. Discard any mussels that haven't opened.
  4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked mussels to the prepared baking dish.
  5. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and stir in the Gruyère and Parmesan cheeses until melted and well combined.
  6. Pour the cheesy cream sauce over the mussels, making sure to coat them evenly.
  7. Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs and chopped parsley over the top of the cheesy mussels.
  8. Bake the Baked Mussels au Gratin for 15-20 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
  9. Serve the Baked Mussels au Gratin immediately, with crusty bread for dipping in the delicious cheese sauce.
Serve it as a starter or the main course, either way, get ready for some serious "wow" moments
1×1 gif
;) Let me know if you try this recipe!!
This baked mussels au gratin recipe looks absolutely delicious! Has anyone tried adding a touch of white wine to the gratin mix? I bet it enhances the flavors even more. Perfect for a fancy dinner! 🦪🧀🍷

This dish looks absolutely mouthwatering and perfect for a special occasion or a fancy dinner at home. The combination of tender mussels with a crispy, cheesy topping sounds divine. Do you have any tips for ensuring the mussels are perfectly cooked or any variations to add a little extra flair to the recipe? Can't wait to try this out and impress my guests! 😋✨

Back