Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts Recipe

Mary.Grace05

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! 👋 Today, I'm sharing one of my favorite recipes: Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts. These little green gems are seriously addicting – trust me, even the pickiest eaters will love them! Just picture crispy Brussels sprouts roasted to perfection and drizzled with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze. It's the perfect side dish for any meal! 🥦🍴

Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts (1).jpg

Ingredients​

Roasted Brussels Sprouts​

• 3 cups Brussels sprouts ends trimmed, yellow leaves removed
  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • ¼ teaspoon salt to taste

Nuts​

• ½ cup pine nuts or use candied pecans or walnuts

Balsamic Glaze​

• 1 cup balsamic vinegar
  • ¼ cup honey or brown sugar

Instructions​

How to roast Brussels Sprouts​

• Preheat oven to 400 F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Trim ends of Brussels sprouts and remove yellow leaves. Then, slice all Brussels sprouts in half.
  • In a medium bowl, combine halved Brussels sprouts, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt (to taste), and toss to combine.
  • Spread the Brussels sprouts on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, cut side down, in a single layer, without overcrowding.
  • Roast in the preheated oven at 400 F for about 20-25 minutes.
  • During the last 5-10 minutes of roasting, turn them over for even browning, the cut sides should be nicely and partially charred but not blackened.

How to toast pine nuts​

• Toast the pine nuts in the preheated oven at 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Lightly toast the pine nuts in the preheated oven at 350 F for only 5 minutes.
  • Watch the oven carefully - the nuts can burn quickly.

How to make balsamic glaze​

• Combine the balsamic vinegar and honey (or brown sugar) in a pot and gently bring to boil.
  • Reduce heat to simmer and cook down the balsamic vinegar for about 10 or 15 minutes until the mixture reduces by about half.
  • Consistency should be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon but should not be overly thick.

Assembly​

• To a large serving bowl, add roasted Brussels sprouts.
  • Sprinkle with toasted nuts.
  • Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
  • Below, under recipe notes, see 2 other simple alternatives to the balsamic glaze.

Yum, balsamic glazed Brussels sprouts are a game-changer! 🌟 Such a delicious twist on a classic veggie. I can almost taste the tangy-sweet goodness just reading the recipe title! 😋 Can't wait to give this a try and elevate my Brussels sprouts game! 🥦👌

These Brussels sprouts with a Balsamic Glaze had me swooning! 🤤 This side dish of crunchy roasted sprouts, sweet and acidic sauce, and nutty pine nuts is perfection. They'll definitely steal the stage because they're so tasty and easy! I am eager to attempt this dish!

Hey everyone! 👋 Today, I'm sharing one of my favorite recipes: Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts. These little green gems are seriously addicting – trust me, even the pickiest eaters will love them! Just picture crispy Brussels sprouts roasted to perfection and drizzled with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze. It's the perfect side dish for any meal! 🥦🍴

View attachment 2570

Ingredients​

Roasted Brussels Sprouts​

• 3 cups Brussels sprouts ends trimmed, yellow leaves removed
  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • ¼ teaspoon salt to taste

Nuts​

• ½ cup pine nuts or use candied pecans or walnuts

Balsamic Glaze​

• 1 cup balsamic vinegar
  • ¼ cup honey or brown sugar

Instructions​

How to roast Brussels Sprouts​

• Preheat oven to 400 F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Trim ends of Brussels sprouts and remove yellow leaves. Then, slice all Brussels sprouts in half.
  • In a medium bowl, combine halved Brussels sprouts, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt (to taste), and toss to combine.
  • Spread the Brussels sprouts on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, cut side down, in a single layer, without overcrowding.
  • Roast in the preheated oven at 400 F for about 20-25 minutes.
  • During the last 5-10 minutes of roasting, turn them over for even browning, the cut sides should be nicely and partially charred but not blackened.

How to toast pine nuts​

• Toast the pine nuts in the preheated oven at 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Lightly toast the pine nuts in the preheated oven at 350 F for only 5 minutes.
  • Watch the oven carefully - the nuts can burn quickly.

How to make balsamic glaze​

• Combine the balsamic vinegar and honey (or brown sugar) in a pot and gently bring to boil.
  • Reduce heat to simmer and cook down the balsamic vinegar for about 10 or 15 minutes until the mixture reduces by about half.
  • Consistency should be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon but should not be overly thick.

Assembly​

• To a large serving bowl, add roasted Brussels sprouts.
  • Sprinkle with toasted nuts.
  • Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
  • Below, under recipe notes, see 2 other simple alternatives to the balsamic glaze.
Yum! I love roasted Brussels sprouts, and the addition of balsamic glaze sounds delicious. Can't wait to give this recipe a try for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Mmm, those balsamic glazed Brussels sprouts sound delicious! 😍 I can't wait to try making them! 🍽️ Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Back