Banana Curry Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🍌

I’ve been experimenting with bananas in savory dishes, and I came up with a delicious Banana Curry that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s a great way to use ripe bananas in a new and exciting way. Thought I’d share the recipe with you all. Hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:​

• 4 ripe bananas, sliced into thick rounds
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp ginger, grated
  • 1 green chili, chopped (optional, adjust to taste)
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
  • 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
  • 1 cup vegetable broth or water
  • Salt to taste
  • Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
  • Cooked rice or naan (for serving)

Instructions:​

1. Prep the Bananas: Slice the bananas into thick rounds. You want them to hold their shape in the curry, so don't slice them too thin.
  2. Toast the Spices: In a large pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When they start to pop, add the chopped onion, garlic, and ginger. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the mixture is fragrant.
  3. Add the Spices: Add the green chili, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and chili powder. Stir well to combine and let the spices cook for a minute or so, ensuring they don’t burn.
  4. Cook the Bananas: Gently add the banana slices to the pan, carefully coating them with the spice mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes, allowing the bananas to absorb some of the flavors.
  5. Simmer: Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Stir gently to combine, being careful not to mash the bananas. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  6. Season and Garnish: Add salt to taste and adjust any seasonings as needed. Once the curry is done, garnish with fresh cilantro.
  7. Serve: Serve your banana curry hot over a bed of rice or with warm naan. The sweet bananas with the savory spices create a wonderful flavor balance.View attachment 3606
I hope you give this Banana Curry a try! It’s a fun and tasty way to use bananas in a savory dish. Let me know how it turns out or if you have any twists on it. Happy cooking!

Cheers,

Whoa, Banana Curry?! This is definitely something I need to try! 😋 Excited to add a unique twist to my dinner rotation! Thanks for sharing this creative recipe!

🍌 Just whipped up this banana curry recipe, and it's bananas how good it is! Sweet, savory, and a delightful twist on traditional curry flavors! 🍛👌

Back