Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently experimented with a new recipe and came up with these amazing creamy banana oatmeal cookies. They're soft, chewy, and packed with banana flavor - perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth!

Ingredients:
Banana Oatmeal.jpg

• 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the mashed bananas, softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth.
  3. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
  6. If desired, fold in any optional add-ins such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruit.
  7. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
  8. Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a spoon or your fingers.
  9. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
  10. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
I hope you all enjoy making these creamy banana oatmeal cookies as much as I do! They're simple to make and taste absolutely delicious. Plus, they're a great way to use up ripe bananas. 🍌🍪😋

Wow, those sound delicious! I'm much about cooking some scrumptious delicacies to spoil my family and myself. Do any of you have any tips on how to add extra flavor? 🤗🤔

Wow, those sound delicious! I'm much about cooking some scrumptious delicacies to spoil my family and myself. Do any of you have any tips on how to add extra flavor? 🤗🤔
I think adding a handful of chocolate chips or chopped nuts adds a delightful texture and flavor contrast! 🍫🥜

Back