Bangus Ala Pobre With Fresh Pineapple Salsa Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share a dish that’s become a favorite in my household: Bangus Ala Pobre with Fresh Pineapple Salsa. 🌟

This recipe is a great mix of savory and sweet, with the tender bangus (milkfish) perfectly complemented by a zesty pineapple salsa. It’s also surprisingly easy to make, so I hope you give it a try!

Here’s what you’ll need:

For the Bangus Ala Pobre:​

• 1 large bangus (milkfish), cleaned and butterflied
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp calamansi juice (or lemon juice)
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 cup cooking oil
  • 1 small onion, sliced into rings
  • Optional: chili flakes for a bit of heat

For the Fresh Pineapple Salsa:​

• 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
  • 1 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 small cucumber, diced
  • 1-2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: a dash of honey or chili for extra flavor
Instructions:

1. Marinate the bangus: In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, calamansi juice, minced garlic, and black pepper. Marinate the bangus for at least 30 minutes to soak up all the flavors.
  2. Prepare the pineapple salsa: While the bangus is marinating, combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl—pineapple, red onion, tomato, cucumber, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt, pepper, and any optional ingredients like honey or chili. Give it a good mix and let it chill in the fridge to let the flavors meld together.
  3. Cook the bangus: Heat the cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, fry the marinated bangus skin side down first until it’s golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes per side. Be careful when flipping to keep the fish intact!
  4. Garnish and serve: Place the fried bangus on a serving platter and top with the sliced onions. Serve it up with a generous helping of the fresh pineapple salsa on the side.
  5. Enjoy! 😋 This dish pairs really well with steamed rice, and the salsa adds a refreshing touch that balances the rich flavors of the bangus.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you try it out or have any tweaks to make it your own. Happy cooking!
Bangus Ala Pobre With Fresh Pineapple Salsa Recipe.jpg

I just made it for lunch and this turn out to be awesome and thank you so much for letting us know about how to serve it properly.(y):):)

Yum! Bangus Ala Pobre with Fresh Pineapple Salsa sounds delicious 😋 Love the mix of savory and sweet flavors. Can’t wait to try this! 🍍🐟🔥

Back