Bangus Sisig Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Today, I wanted to share one of my favorite lunch recipes featuring bangus, also known as milkfish. Bangus sisig is a Filipino dish that's bursting with bold flavors and is perfect for a satisfying lunch. Here's how to make it:

Ingredients:

• 2 bangus (milkfish) fillets, deboned and flaked
  • 1 red onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 green chilies (siling pangsigang), chopped (adjust according to your spice preference)
  • 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons calamansi juice (or lemon juice)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped spring onions and sliced red chili for garnish
  • Steamed rice, for serving
    1714091259230.jpeg
Instructions:

1. In a large skillet or frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
  2. Add the chopped red onion to the skillet and cook until softened and translucent.
  3. Add the flaked bangus fillets to the skillet and stir-fry for a few minutes until heated through.
  4. Stir in the chopped green chilies, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
  5. Pour in the calamansi juice and soy sauce, and continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  6. Add the mayonnaise to the skillet and stir well to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is well coated and heated through.
  7. Taste the bangus sisig and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper according to your taste preference.
  8. Transfer the bangus sisig to a serving platter and garnish with chopped spring onions and sliced red chili.
  9. Serve the bangus sisig hot with steamed rice on the side. Enjoy this flavorful and satisfying lunch with your family and friends!
I hope you give this bangus sisig recipe a try and enjoy its delicious flavors! Feel free to share your own variations or tips for making the perfect bangus dish. Happy cooking! 🐟🔥

Woah, this Bangus Sisig looks incredible :love: Love how it uses flaked milkfish ..it sounds like a delicious twist on the classic sisig 😋 The combo of veggies and chilies looks perfect for a flavorful and satisfying lunch ..Definitely gotta try this recipe! 💯

Hey everyone! Today, I wanted to share one of my favorite lunch recipes featuring bangus, also known as milkfish. Bangus sisig is a Filipino dish that's bursting with bold flavors and is perfect for a satisfying lunch. Here's how to make it:

Ingredients:

• 2 bangus (milkfish) fillets, deboned and flaked
  • 1 red onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 green chilies (siling pangsigang), chopped (adjust according to your spice preference)
  • 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons calamansi juice (or lemon juice)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped spring onions and sliced red chili for garnish
  • Steamed rice, for servingView attachment 2458
Instructions:

1. In a large skillet or frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
  2. Add the chopped red onion to the skillet and cook until softened and translucent.
  3. Add the flaked bangus fillets to the skillet and stir-fry for a few minutes until heated through.
  4. Stir in the chopped green chilies, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
  5. Pour in the calamansi juice and soy sauce, and continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  6. Add the mayonnaise to the skillet and stir well to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is well coated and heated through.
  7. Taste the bangus sisig and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper according to your taste preference.
  8. Transfer the bangus sisig to a serving platter and garnish with chopped spring onions and sliced red chili.
  9. Serve the bangus sisig hot with steamed rice on the side. Enjoy this flavorful and satisfying lunch with your family and friends!
I hope you give this bangus sisig recipe a try and enjoy its delicious flavors! Feel free to share your own variations or tips for making the perfect bangus dish. Happy cooking! 🐟🔥
Thanks for sharing! Bangus Sisig Recipe sounds fantastic. Looking forward to cooking up some crispy bangus (milkfish) mixed with onions, peppers, and a tangy sauce for a flavorful twist on a classic Filipino dish!

Back