Banh Mi

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a Vietnamese favorite: Banh Mi! 🥖🇻🇳 This iconic sandwich is a delicious fusion of flavors, with crispy bread, savory protein, tangy pickled veggies, and fresh herbs. Get ready to experience a burst of taste in every bite! Let's dive into making this mouthwatering delight together! 🌟

Ingredients:
122×123
38 kB

1718706219005.png

• Baguette or French bread
  • Protein of your choice (such as grilled pork, chicken, tofu, or shrimp)
  • Pickled vegetables (carrots, daikon radish, and cucumber)
  • Fresh cilantro
  • Sliced jalapenos (optional)
  • Mayonnaise or aioli
  • Soy sauce or Maggi seasoning (optional)
  • Sriracha or chili sauce (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the pickled vegetables by thinly slicing carrots, daikon radish, and cucumber. Toss them in a mixture of vinegar, sugar, and salt, and let them marinate for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Cook your protein of choice (grill pork, chicken, tofu, or shrimp) until fully cooked and nicely seasoned.
  3. Cut the baguette or French bread lengthwise, but not all the way through, to create a pocket for the fillings.
  4. Spread mayonnaise or aioli on both sides of the bread.
  5. Layer your protein on one side of the bread, followed by the pickled vegetables, fresh cilantro, and sliced jalapenos if desired.
  6. Drizzle with soy sauce or Maggi seasoning and sriracha or chili sauce for extra flavor if desired.
  7. Close the sandwich and press gently to compress the fillings together.
  8. Slice the Banh Mi into smaller portions if desired and serve immediately.
Enjoy your homemade Banh Mi sandwich, filled with delicious flavors and textures! 🥖🥒🍖

I love how customizable banh mi are. My go-to is usually lemongrass chicken, but the grilled pork sounds delicious too. 🙂👌😉✨

Back