BBQ Salmon Bowls with Mango Avocado Salsa Recipe

EternalVoyager

Culinary Explorer
Hi Guys! This recipe is one of my favorites. its super easy to make and healthy at the same time! Go give it a try!

INGREDIENTS​

Salmon:
BBQ Salmon with Mango Salsa.jpg

• 1–2 lbs. fresh salmon
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more for a larger filet)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
Mango Avocado Salsa:
  • 2 mangoes, diced
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1/4 cup minced cilantro
  • 1/4 cup minced red onion
  • 1/2 jalapeño, minced (optional, to taste)
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice + 1 teaspoon lime zest
  • salt to taste
For serving:
  • 1 1/2 cups of rice

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Mango salsa: Toss all ingredients in a bowl to combine. Taste, adjust, try not to eat the whole bowl.
  2. Cook your rice: Get your rice cooking according to package directions.
  3. Get the oven ready: Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Alternatively, you can set it to 500 degrees on the broil setting for medium rare with a yummy crispy top – the risk here is that you have to watch closely so it doesn’t burn the sugar. If taking this route, make sure one of the oven racks is close-ish to the top, about 6 inches or so.
  4. Salmon: Mix the spices and the olive oil to make a paste. Place the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet. Rub the paste liberally over the top part of the salmon. Bake for 6-12 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon and your desired doneness. See notes if you’re not sure.
  5. Bowl it up: Pile up some rice, pull off some of salmon, and spoon that mango avocado salsa over the whole thing. Add a lime squeezer for good measure. IT’S SO GOOD.

Wow, this BBQ Salmon Bowls with Mango Avocado Salsa recipe looks insanely delicious! 🤩🐟🥭 Love the combo of smoky salmon and fresh salsa – talk about flavor explosion! Can't wait to give this a try at my next dinner party. Thanks for sharing! 👏

For the base, I usually make cilantro-lime rice. It complements the salmon and salsa so well. Just mix cooked rice with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. 🌿🍚

Back