Beef Chuck Roast Recipe

benzie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share my go-to recipe for a delicious beef chuck roast. It's perfect for a cozy family dinner and always comes out tender and flavorful. Let me know what you think if you try it!

Ingredients:

• 3-4 pounds beef chuck roast
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1 cup red wine (optional, but adds great flavor!)
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions:

1. Prep the Roast: Season the beef chuck roast generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
  2. Sear the Meat: Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear the roast until browned on all sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the roast and set it aside.
  3. Cook the Veggies: In the same pot, add the chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
  4. Add Liquids and Seasonings: Stir in the tomato paste, then add the beef broth, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in the thyme and rosemary.
  5. Combine Everything: Return the roast to the pot and add the carrots and potatoes around it. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
  6. Slow Cook: Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Let it cook for about 3-4 hours, or until the meat is fork-tender. You can also cook it in a preheated oven at 325°F (163°C) for the same amount of time.
  7. Serve: Once done, remove the roast and veggies from the pot. Let the roast rest for a few minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with the vegetables and some of the delicious gravy from the pot.
    Beef Chuck Roast Recipe.jpg
This recipe is a real crowd-pleaser in my house, and it's perfect for those chilly evenings. Enjoy, and let me know how it turns out for you!

That sounds amazing! 😋 Beef chuck roast is such a classic comfort food. I'll definitely give it a try and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing! 🍽️🧡

Hey everyone! I tried this beef chuck roast and it was amazing. 🍖 The meat was so tender and the flavors were spot on. Definitely perfect for a hearty family dinner.

Back