Beef Shank Recipe

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently made this beef shank recipe, and it turned out so tender and flavorful, I just had to share it with you all. Perfect for a cozy meal, especially when you want something that’s both hearty and comforting. Here’s how you can make it:

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs beef shank, bone-in
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 carrots, sliced
  • 2 celery stalks, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup red wine (optional, but adds great flavor!)
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
    Beef Shank Recipe.jpg
Instructions:

1. Season the Beef Shank: Generously season the beef shanks with salt and pepper on both sides.
  2. Sear the Beef: In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef shanks and sear until browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
  3. Sauté the Vegetables: In the same pot, add the onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
  4. Deglaze with Wine: If using, pour in the red wine to deglaze the pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Let it simmer for a few minutes until the wine reduces slightly.
  5. Add Remaining Ingredients: Stir in the beef broth, thyme, bay leaves, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Return the beef shanks to the pot, making sure they are submerged in the liquid.
  6. Simmer: Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and let it simmer for about 2-2.5 hours, or until the beef is tender and falling off the bone.
  7. Finish and Serve: Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot with your favorite sides – I love it with mashed potatoes or crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce!
Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did! Can’t wait to hear how it turns out for you. 😊

Your beef shank recipe sounds amazing! 😋 Thanks for sharing such a cozy and flavorful dish idea. It sounds delicious!

That's a great dish! It has rich flavor and tenderness when cooked properly. Also, Beef shank is high in protein and contains essential nutrients and when cooked with the bone, it can also provide beneficial collagen and gelatin.🥲🥲

Hey everyone! I recently made this beef shank recipe, and it turned out so tender and flavorful, I just had to share it with you all. Perfect for a cozy meal, especially when you want something that’s both hearty and comforting. Here’s how you can make it:

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs beef shank, bone-in
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 carrots, sliced
  • 2 celery stalks, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup red wine (optional, but adds great flavor!)
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)View attachment 4818
Instructions:

1. Season the Beef Shank: Generously season the beef shanks with salt and pepper on both sides.
  2. Sear the Beef: In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef shanks and sear until browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
  3. Sauté the Vegetables: In the same pot, add the onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
  4. Deglaze with Wine: If using, pour in the red wine to deglaze the pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Let it simmer for a few minutes until the wine reduces slightly.
  5. Add Remaining Ingredients: Stir in the beef broth, thyme, bay leaves, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Return the beef shanks to the pot, making sure they are submerged in the liquid.
  6. Simmer: Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and let it simmer for about 2-2.5 hours, or until the beef is tender and falling off the bone.
  7. Finish and Serve: Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot with your favorite sides – I love it with mashed potatoes or crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce!
Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did! Can’t wait to hear how it turns out for you. 😊

Beef shank is such a hearty choice! Can’t wait to try this out. The slow cooking should make it super tender. Thanks for sharing! 🍲😋

Back