Beef Wellington🍖

Marich

Tasty Apprentice
Hello everyone, I'm thrilled to share with you a classic dish that holds a special recipe in my family's culinary traditions: Wellington. Beef Wellington in our family does not merely denote a meal but a legacy from our forefathers. The combination of taste and texture make it a standout item for any sort of event from holidays parties to family reunions. This will be so fulfilling to do for you. I look forward to taking you through the steps and tell you that you will undoubtedly add it to your list of favorite recipes. Let's go right to the heart of the matter and put a custom touch on your kitchen. 🍖🥰

beef-wellington.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 (2lb.) beef tenderloin, trimmed
  • Salt and pepper
  • Olive oil
  • 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 lb. mixed mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 shallot, chopped
  • Leaves from 1 thyme sprig
  • 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 12 slices prosciutto
  • All-purpose flour, for dusting
  • 14 oz. puff pastry, thawed
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • Flaky salt
Instructions:
  1. Tie the beef tenderloin with kitchen twine and season it with salt and pepper.
  2. Sear the tenderloin in a hot skillet with olive oil until well-browned all over, about 12 minutes. Let it cool, then coat with Dijon mustard and refrigerate.
  3. Make the mushroom mixture (duxelles) by pulsing mushrooms, shallot, and thyme in a food processor. Cook with butter until dry, then cool in the fridge.
  4. Lay plastic wrap on a work surface and arrange prosciutto slices to form a rectangle. Spread the cooled mushroom mixture over the prosciutto.
  5. Season the tenderloin and place it at the bottom of the prosciutto. Roll tightly using the plastic wrap, then chill in the fridge.
  6. Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface, place the tenderloin on it, and wrap tightly. Seal the edges with egg wash.
  7. Chill the wrapped tenderloin for 20 minutes, then remove plastic wrap, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with flaky salt.
  8. Bake at 425°F until golden and medium-rare inside (120°F), about 40-45 minutes. Let it rest before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your own masterpiece of Beef Wellington🍖and also, don't forget to share this to your loved one's & family! 🥰

This recipe looks incredible, especially since it's a family tradition for you. So cool that you have this special dish to share :love: Will try to cook this classic dish on one of these days 😊

This Beef Wellington recipe is a game-changer! 😍 I've always been intimidated by it, but this recipe broke it down into simple steps that even a beginner like me could follow. The result? A mouthwatering masterpiece that had everyone at the dinner table begging for seconds. Seriously, if I can do it, anyone can!

This recipe looks incredible, especially since it's a family tradition for you. So cool that you have this special dish to share :love: Will try to cook this classic dish on one of these days 😊
Aw, thanks! so glad you're into the recipe. It's a real fam fave. Let manz know how it turns out when you give it a go! 😊

This Beef Wellington recipe is a game-changer! 😍 I've always been intimidated by it, but this recipe broke it down into simple steps that even a beginner like me could follow. The result? A mouthwatering masterpiece that had everyone at the dinner table begging for seconds. Seriously, if I can do it, anyone can!

That sounds amazing! manz'm thrilled the recipe worked out so well for you. Beef wellington can be tricky, but it's awesome when it turns out great. Happy cooking! 😁 ;)

Back