Beef Wellington

littlehomie

Novice Foodie
Hey folks, I've been experimenting in the kitchen and stumbled upon a fantastic recipe for Beef Wellington Risotto. It's a delightful fusion of classic Beef Wellington flavors with the creamy goodness of risotto, creating a dish that's sure to impress even the most discerning palates. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

BEEF WELLINGTON.jpg

Ingredients:
BEEF WELLINGTON

2 x 400g beef fillets​
Olive oil, for frying​
500g mixture of wild mushrooms, cleaned​
1 thyme sprig, leaves only​
500g puff pastry​
8 slices of Parma ham​
2 egg yolks, beaten with 1 tbsp water and a pinch of salt​
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper​

RED WINE SAUCE

2 tbsp olive oil​
200g beef trimmings (ask the butcher to reserve these when trimming the fillet)​
4 large shallots, peeled and sliced​
12 black peppercorns​
1 bay leaf​
1 thyme sprig​
Splash of red wine vinegar​
1 x 750ml bottle red wine​
750ml beef stock​

Preparation:

1. Wrap each beef piece tightly in triple-layered cling film to shape it, then chill overnight.
  2. Unwrap the beef and quickly sear the fillets in a hot pan with a little olive oil for 30-60 seconds until browned all over and rare in the middle. Remove from the pan and let cool.
  3. Finely chop the mushrooms and fry them in a hot pan with olive oil, thyme leaves, and seasoning. Cook over high heat for about 10 minutes until all excess moisture evaporates, leaving a mushroom paste (duxelle). Remove from the pan and let cool.
  4. Halve the pastry, roll each piece into a rectangle large enough to wrap a beef fillet, then chill.
  5. On a work surface, lay a sheet of cling film and arrange 4 slices of Parma ham in the middle, overlapping to form a square. Spread half the duxelle over the ham.
  6. Season the beef fillets, place them on the mushroom-covered ham, roll the Parma ham over the beef using the cling film, and tie to form a log. Repeat with the other fillet, then chill for at least 30 minutes.
  7. Brush the pastry with egg wash, wrap each ham-wrapped fillet with pastry, trim, and brush with egg wash. Chill for 30 minutes.
  8. For the red wine sauce, fry beef trimmings until browned, then add shallots, peppercorns, bay, and thyme. Cook until shallots turn golden, then add vinegar and wine. Boil until almost reduced, add stock, and simmer for 1 hour. Strain and season.
  9. To cook the beef Wellingtons, score the pastry lightly, brush with egg wash, and bake at 200°C/Gas 6 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Rest for 10 minutes before carving.
  10. Reheat the sauce and serve sliced beef Wellingtons with the sauce.

Give this Beef Wellington Risotto recipe a shot, and I guarantee it'll become a favorite in your culinary repertoire!

The creamy risotto paired with the rich flavors of Beef Wellington? Yes please!! 🤌

The recipe looks impressive but definitely achievable. Bookmarked for a special occasion for sure 🤗

Oh, that's a classic dish that's always a showstopper! I love the elegance of that tender beef fillet wrapped in a flaky pastry with a rich mushroom duxelles—it's like a culinary work of art

What a creative culinary adventure! 🍖🍚 Your Beef Wellington Risotto sounds like a luxurious fusion dish that combines the elegance of Beef Wellington with the creamy comfort of risotto. I can't wait to try this impressive recipe—it's sure to be a hit!

Back