Best Coffee Cake

Ye In

Culinary Explorer
Hello everyone! I would like to pass along my beloved coffee cake recipe to you. It is easy to prepare and delicious. It's time to begin baking! 🍰

Coffee cake.jpg

Ingredients​

FOR THE CAKE:​

• 1 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • 2 c. (scant) sugar
  • 3 c. flour, sifted
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/4 c. whole milk
  • 3 whole egg whites, beaten until stiff

FOR THE TOPPING:​

• 1 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • 3/4 c. flour
  • 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 c. pecans, chopped

Directions​

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat egg whites and set aside.

Cream butter and sugar. Add flour mixture and milk alternately until combined. Don't overbeat. Fold in beaten egg whites with a rubber spatula. Spread in a well-greased 9 x 13 (or LARGER!) baking pan. A cake pan with higher sides would be best.

In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients with a pastry cutter until crumbly. Sprinkle all over the top.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until no longer jiggly.

Serve warm—delicious!

Appreciate you sharing this coffee cake recipe. It looks like a classic version with a nice topping. I'll add it to my baking rotation. Thanks!

Wow, your coffee cake recipe looks amazing! I can practically smell it baking already. I love that you included pecans in the topping - adds such a nice crunch;). Can't wait to give this a try and impress my family with a homemade treat! Thanks for sharing!

Back