Birria Quesatacos

Caramellyy_

Culinary Explorer
Hey, Foodies! Are you looking for a new recipe for you tacos? because you're tired of your usual tacos recipe? Because I will share to you my favorite recipe for my taco, The birria quesatacos. Birria quesatacos are a delicious fusion of traditional Mexican birria stew and cheesy quesadillas. This is rich in flavor and spices that will satisfy to your taste.

Ingredients:

For the Birria:
  • 2 lbs (about 900g) beef chuck roast or brisket, trimmed of excess fat
  • 2 dried guajillo chilies
  • 2 dried ancho chilies
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • 2 bay leaves
For the Quesatacos:
  • Corn tortillas
  • Shredded Oaxaca or mozzarella cheese
  • Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
  • Diced onions, for garnish
  • Lime wedges, for serving
  • Salsa or hot sauce, for serving
Instructions:
1. Prepare the Birria:
  • Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
  • Remove the stems and seeds from the dried chilies. Place them in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let them soak for about 15 minutes to soften.
  • In a blender or food processor, combine the soaked chilies, quartered onion, garlic cloves, ground cumin, dried oregano, smoked paprika, ground cloves, salt, pepper, and a splash of the chili soaking water. Blend until smooth, adding more water if needed to create a thick sauce.
  • Cut the beef chuck roast or brisket into large chunks and season with salt and pepper.
  • Heat a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add a bit of oil and sear the beef pieces until browned on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
  • In the same pot, add the chili sauce and cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Return the beef to the pot, along with the beef broth and bay leaves.
  • Cover the pot and transfer it to the preheated oven. Cook for 3-4 hours, or until the beef is tender and falls apart easily.
2. Prepare the Quesatacos:
  • Once the beef is cooked, remove it from the pot and shred it using two forks. Discard any excess fat.
  • Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place a corn tortilla on the skillet and sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on one half of the tortilla.
  • Add some shredded beef on top of the cheese, then fold the other half of the tortilla over to cover the filling, creating a half-moon shape.
  • Cook the quesataco for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese is melted and gooey.
  • Repeat with the remaining tortillas, cheese, and shredded beef.
3. Serve:
  • Serve the birria quesatacos hot, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro and diced onions.
  • Serve with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the tacos, and offer salsa or hot sauce for dipping or drizzling.
  • Enjoy your delicious birria quesatacos!
These birria quesatacos are perfect for a festive meal or for enjoying with family and friends. They're packed with flavor and are sure to be a hit at any gathering! Enjoy this and share your thoughts!

quesatacos.jpg

This sounds like a fusion masterpiece! Using birria in Lasagna Roll-ups is such a creative idea. I can already imagine the layers of tender beef, melted cheese, and savory sauce. Can't wait to impress my friends and family with this dish!

This sounds like a fusion masterpiece! Using birria in Lasagna Roll-ups is such a creative idea. I can already imagine the layers of tender beef, melted cheese, and savory sauce. Can't wait to impress my friends and family with this dish!
Agreee!! It really a fusion delight! Imagining those layers of tender beef, gooey cheese, and rich sauce is making my mouth water too. I bet your friends and family are in for a treat when you whip up this dish. Don't forget to share the love—and maybe even the recipe!;)

Back