Blackened Fish Tacos

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
blackened-fish-tacos18.jpg

I recently made these Blackened Fish Tacos, and they turned out amazing! The smoky, spicy seasoning on the fish paired perfectly with the fresh toppings. It's one of those dishes that feels like a treat but is actually pretty simple to make.

Ingredients:
  • 4 white fish fillets (like tilapia or cod)
  • 1 tbsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Corn tortillas
  • Toppings: shredded cabbage, avocado slices, salsa, lime wedges, and cilantro
Instructions:
  1. Mix the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
  2. Pat the fish fillets dry and coat them evenly with the spice mixture.
  3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fish for about 3-4 minutes on each side until it’s cooked through and has a nice blackened crust.
  4. Warm the corn tortillas in a dry skillet or directly over a gas flame until they’re slightly charred.
  5. Assemble the tacos by placing the fish in the tortillas and adding your favorite toppings. I love mine with cabbage, avocado, a squeeze of lime, and a bit of cilantro.
These tacos are a hit every time! They’re light, flavorful, and come together quickly—perfect for a weeknight meal. Enjoy! 🌮🐟

Back