Blueberry and Lemon Verbena Tarts

KarenDeel

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Check out this amazing recipe for Blueberry and Lemon Verbena Tarts I just tried. It's a total game-changer! 🍋🫐 The combination of flavors is out of this world. Definitely give it a go and let me know what you think! 😋 #foodie #dessertlover"

Blueberry and lemon verbena tart.jpg

INGREDIENTS

For the Pastry:
  • 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
  • 1/3 cup (40g) icing sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 125g cold unsalted butter, chopped
  • 1 egg yolk
For the Custard:
  • 1 cup (250ml) milk
  • 10 lemon verbena leaves or 4 lemon thyme sprigs
  • 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
  • 1 egg and 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
  • 30g cornflour
  • 150ml thickened cream
For the Topping:
  • 250g blueberries
  • 1/2 cup (160g) blueberry jam
METHOD
  1. Prepare the Pastry:
    • Combine flour and sugar in a food processor, then add vanilla and butter. Pulse until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
    • Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of iced water, pulse until dough forms. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2. Make the Custard:
    • In a saucepan, heat milk, lemon verbena, and 30g sugar until simmering. Let it infuse for 30 minutes.
    • Whisk eggs, yolks, cornflour, and remaining sugar until pale. Strain infused milk into egg mixture.
    • Return mixture to heat, stir until thick. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface and chill.
  3. Prep the Tart Cases:
    • Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease six 8cm round tart pans.
    • Roll out pastry on floured surface, line pans, and trim excess. Bake with weights, then without until golden. Let cool.
  4. Assemble the Tarts:
    • Whisk cream to soft peaks, fold into chilled custard. Fill pastry cases with custard and top with blueberries.
  5. Finish with Topping:
    • Warm jam with water in a saucepan. Drizzle over tarts before serving.

Enjoy your delightful Blueberry and Lemon Verbena Tarts! 🍋🫐

Hey everyone! Check out this amazing recipe for Blueberry and Lemon Verbena Tarts I just tried. It's a total game-changer! 🍋🫐 The combination of flavors is out of this world. Definitely give it a go and let me know what you think! 😋 #foodie #dessertlover"

View attachment 2852

INGREDIENTS

For the Pastry:
  • 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
  • 1/3 cup (40g) icing sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 125g cold unsalted butter, chopped
  • 1 egg yolk
For the Custard:
  • 1 cup (250ml) milk
  • 10 lemon verbena leaves or 4 lemon thyme sprigs
  • 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
  • 1 egg and 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
  • 30g cornflour
  • 150ml thickened cream
For the Topping:
  • 250g blueberries
  • 1/2 cup (160g) blueberry jam
METHOD
  1. Prepare the Pastry:
    • Combine flour and sugar in a food processor, then add vanilla and butter. Pulse until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
    • Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of iced water, pulse until dough forms. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2. Make the Custard:
    • In a saucepan, heat milk, lemon verbena, and 30g sugar until simmering. Let it infuse for 30 minutes.
    • Whisk eggs, yolks, cornflour, and remaining sugar until pale. Strain infused milk into egg mixture.
    • Return mixture to heat, stir until thick. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface and chill.
  3. Prep the Tart Cases:
    • Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease six 8cm round tart pans.
    • Roll out pastry on floured surface, line pans, and trim excess. Bake with weights, then without until golden. Let cool.
  4. Assemble the Tarts:
    • Whisk cream to soft peaks, fold into chilled custard. Fill pastry cases with custard and top with blueberries.
  5. Finish with Topping:
    • Warm jam with water in a saucepan. Drizzle over tarts before serving.

Enjoy your delightful Blueberry and Lemon Verbena Tarts! 🍋🫐
Wow, these blueberry and lemon verbena tarts look like a delightful summer treat! I love the combination of sweet blueberries with the fresh citrusy flavor of lemon verbena. Can't wait to bake these for my next gathering!

Those Blueberry and Lemon Verbena Tarts sound absolutely delightful! 🥧💙 The combination of tangy lemon verbena and sweet blueberries must create such a refreshing and vibrant flavor profile. Plus, I can imagine the contrast between the juicy blueberries and the buttery tart crust—it's making my mouth water just thinking about it! 😋😉🙂👌✨

I'm intrigued! 🤔 Blueberry and Lemon Verbena Tarts sound like a refreshing twist on traditional tarts. The bright citrus flavor of lemon verbena paired with juicy blueberries must create a perfect harmony of flavors. Excited to give this recipe a shot! 🍇

Back