Braciole

Kardel

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! Try this delicious Braciole, also known as involtini, which is an Italian-American dish consisting of thin slices of beef rolled up with a savory filling, then braised in a rich tomato sauce. This hearty and flavorful dish is perfect for special occasions or Sunday family dinners. Serve it with pasta, mashed potatoes, or crusty bread for a satisfying meal that's sure to impress.
512×301
75 kB

braciole.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Braciole:

• 6 slices of beef round or flank steak, thinly sliced (about 1/4 inch thick)
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 6 slices prosciutto or thinly sliced ham
  • 1/4 cup grated provolone or mozzarella cheese
  • Kitchen twine, for tying
For the Tomato Sauce:

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
  2. Place each slice of beef between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound it with a meat mallet or rolling pin until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Season the beef slices with salt and black pepper.
  3. In a mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and chopped parsley to make the filling for the braciole.
  4. Lay a slice of prosciutto or ham on top of each beef slice. Sprinkle some of the breadcrumb mixture over the prosciutto, then top with a slice of grated provolone or mozzarella cheese.
  5. Starting from one end, roll up each beef slice tightly to enclose the filling. Secure the rolls with kitchen twine, tying them at regular intervals to hold their shape.
  6. In a large ovenproof skillet or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
  7. Add the crushed tomatoes, red wine (if using), dried oregano, and dried basil to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
  8. Carefully add the braciole rolls to the skillet, arranging them in a single layer. Spoon some of the tomato sauce over the top of each roll.
  9. Cover the skillet with a lid or aluminum foil and transfer it to the preheated oven.
  10. Braise the braciole in the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the beef is tender and cooked through.
  11. Once the braciole is done, remove the skillet from the oven and let it cool slightly.
  12. To serve, remove the kitchen twine from the braciole rolls and transfer them to a serving platter. Spoon the tomato sauce over the top, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
  13. Serve the braciole hot, with pasta, mashed potatoes, or crusty bread on the side.
Note: You can also brown the braciole rolls in a hot skillet before braising them in the oven for added flavor and color.

Wow, Braciole looks like a flavor explosion! 🤤🍴 Love the way the savory meat wraps around the filling. It's making my mouth water already! Can't wait to try this recipe out and impress my friends and family! 🌟👩‍🍳 Thanks for sharing!

Yum! Braciole is such a classic comfort food. The recipe you shared looks fantastic, and I'm intrigued by the delicious combination of flavors. Definitely adding this to my list of dishes to try out soon! 🍽️👌

This Braciole recipe is like a big Italian hug in your mouth! 🍝🇮🇹 Tender, savory, and absolutely delicious. Grazie mille for sharing!

Wow, Braciole looks like a flavor explosion! 🤤🍴 Love the way the savory meat wraps around the filling. It's making my mouth water already! Can't wait to try this recipe out and impress my friends and family! 🌟👩‍🍳 Thanks for sharing!
Yum! Braciole is such a classic comfort food. The recipe you shared looks fantastic, and I'm intrigued by the delicious combination of flavors. Definitely adding this to my list of dishes to try out soon! 🍽️👌
This Braciole recipe is like a big Italian hug in your mouth! 🍝🇮🇹 Tender, savory, and absolutely delicious. Grazie mille for sharing!
you guys should try it asap, it is really tasty 😊

Back