Breakfast Ramen Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a breakfast recipe that has become a staple in my house lately. It's a twist on a classic dish that many of us love – Breakfast Ramen! It's quick, hearty, and perfect for those mornings when you need something comforting and filling.

Ingredients:

• 1 packet of instant ramen (any flavor, but I usually go with chicken or miso)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 small carrot, julienned
  • 1/2 cup of spinach or baby bok choy
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional, if you like a bit of heat)
  • A handful of cooked bacon or ham, chopped (optional)
  • Water (as required by your ramen packet instructions)
  • Sesame seeds for garnish
    Breakfast Ramen Recipe.jpg
Instructions:

1. Prep the Ramen: Cook the ramen noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Usually, it’s about 3-4 minutes in boiling water. Once done, set aside the seasoning packet and drain the noodles.
  2. Prepare the Broth: In a medium pot, bring the required amount of water to a boil (as specified by the ramen packet, usually 2 cups). Add the minced garlic, soy sauce, and half of the seasoning packet (you can adjust this to taste).
  3. Cook the Eggs: While the broth is coming to a boil, heat a small amount of oil in a separate pan and fry the eggs sunny side up. If you prefer, you can also soft boil the eggs by boiling them for about 6-7 minutes, then cooling them in ice water before peeling.
  4. Add the Veggies: Once the broth is boiling, add the julienned carrot and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add the spinach or baby bok choy and let it wilt for another minute.
  5. Combine Everything: Add the cooked noodles to the broth and let them heat through for a minute. If you’re using bacon or ham, toss it in now. Stir in the sesame oil and chili flakes (if using).
  6. Serve: Ladle the ramen into a bowl, place the fried or boiled eggs on top, and garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
This breakfast ramen is so satisfying and a great way to start your day with a warm, savory meal. Feel free to experiment with other veggies or proteins you have on hand.

Enjoy and let me know how you like it!

Cheers,

I love the idea of adding julienned carrots and spinach – it’s such a great way to sneak in some extra veggies first thing in the morning. I usually just stick to a plain egg and noodles, but this combination sounds much more exciting. Can't wait to try it out this weekend, especially with some bacon bits for that extra flavor kick. Thanks for sharing! 😋👌✨🌸

Breakfast Ramen Recipe? 🍜🍳 Now that's a creative twist on a classic! I can already imagine the savory broth and runny egg combo waking up my taste buds in the morning. Can't wait to give this a try for a delicious start to the day! Thanks for sharing the recipe! 👩‍🍳

Breakfast ramen is a creative twist on traditional ramen, blending savory and breakfast flavors for a hearty start to the day! 🍜🥓🥚

Back