Breakfast Sweet Potatoes

AL_

Tasty Apprentice
Whether you're looking for a hearty breakfast option or a satisfying brunch dish, these loaded sweet potatoes are sure to hit the spot.

Ingredients:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (any color)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon or breakfast sausage (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions (optional, for garnish)
- Cooking oil or butter, for greasing

Breakfast Sweet Potatoes.jpg

Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Scrub the sweet potatoes clean and pierce them several times with a fork. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake the sweet potatoes in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
4. While the sweet potatoes are baking, prepare the filling. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of cooking oil or butter.
5. Add the diced bell peppers and onions to the skillet and sauté until they are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
6. If using, add the cooked and crumbled bacon or breakfast sausage to the skillet with the peppers and onions, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
7. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly until they are safe to handle.
8. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out some of the flesh to create a hollow cavity, leaving a border around the edges.
9. Crack an egg into each sweet potato half, making sure not to overflow. Season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Divide the sautéed pepper, onion, and meat mixture evenly among the sweet potato halves, spooning it on top of the eggs.
11. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of each sweet potato half.
12. Return the stuffed sweet potatoes to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
13. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
14. Garnish with chopped fresh chives or green onions, if desired.
15. Enjoy your hearty and flavorful Breakfast Sweet Potatoes as a satisfying start to your day!

Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite breakfast ingredients such as diced tomatoes, spinach, or avocado. It's a versatile dish that can be tailored to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs.

Breakfast Sweet Potatoes sound like a cozy morning treat! I love how versatile sweet potatoes are, and turning them into a breakfast dish sounds deliciously comforting. I can imagine them paired with some eggs and maybe a sprinkle of cinnamon for that extra cozy touch. Thanks for sharing this recipe idea—I'm excited to give it a try and start my day off with a tasty twist! 🍠🍳

Breakfast sweet potatoes? Count me in! 🍠🍳 Such a nutritious and versatile way to start the day! I can already imagine topping them with some crispy bacon, a perfectly cooked egg, and maybe a drizzle of maple syrup for that sweet-savory combo. Thanks for the delicious inspiration!

Back