Brown Sugar Meringues with Salted Caramel Cream Recipe

Marich

Flavorful Connoisseur
Good day, everyone. I am thrilled that I get to give you my mom's superb snack recipe, Brown Sugar Meringues with Salted Caramel Cream. This tasty treat is a wonderful showcase for meringue- nothing could be crispier on the outside and chewy in the inside, and the deep delicious essence of brown sugar. To lift at these celestial meringues, we are going to fill them with a bountiful salted caramel cream. The caramel rich and the meringue light undertone match perfectly when chewed. They form a harmony in every morsel. This recipe is based on the most recent cooking book by Stephanie Alexander, which is full of cooking tips that will work for any event. Regardless of whether you are planning a leisurely brunch or looking for a sophisticated dessert, these brown sugar meringues are a great component of any gathering. 🤤 🧁
brown-sugar-meringues-with-salted-caramel-cream-40527-2.jpg

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
For Salted Caramel Cream:
  • 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons strong espresso coffee
  • 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
  • Pinch of sea salt

Instruction

Prepare Meringues:

1. Preheat your oven to 120°C (250°F) and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
  2. Sift the brown sugar into a bowl and set aside.
  3. Using a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
  4. Gradually add caster sugar, one-third at a time, while continuing to whisk until the mixture is glossy and thick.
  5. With the mixer running, slowly add the sifted brown sugar until well combined.
  6. Transfer the meringue mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm plain nozzle.
  7. Pipe tablespoon-sized meringues onto the prepared trays, leaving space between each.
Bake Meringues:
  1. Bake the meringues for about 50 minutes or until they are crisp to the touch.
  2. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues inside with the door propped open using a wooden spoon until they are completely cooled.
  3. Store the meringues in an airtight container once cooled.
Make Salted Caramel Cream:
  1. In a heavy-based saucepan, combine caster sugar and water over medium heat.
  2. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar, then increase the heat and boil for 5-6 minutes until you get a medium-dark caramel (do not stir during this process).
  3. Carefully add espresso coffee and extra water, stirring until the caramel becomes smooth.
  4. Boil for an additional minute until the caramel thickens slightly.
  5. Let the caramel cool to room temperature.
Assemble:
  1. Using a stand mixer, whisk the thickened cream until soft peaks form.
  2. Spoon all of the cooled caramel into the cream and gently whisk until well blended and firm.
  3. Stir in a few flakes of sea salt.
  4. Sandwich pairs of meringues with a dollop of salted caramel cream.
  5. Allow the filled meringues to soften for about 30 minutes before serving.

Please go ahead and fall in love with these fluffy brown sugar meringues filled with smooth salted caramel cream for a fabulous dessert. 🤤 🧁

Good day, everyone. I am thrilled that I get to give you my mom's superb snack recipe, Brown Sugar Meringues with Salted Caramel Cream. This tasty treat is a wonderful showcase for meringue- nothing could be crispier on the outside and chewy in the inside, and the deep delicious essence of brown sugar. To lift at these celestial meringues, we are going to fill them with a bountiful salted caramel cream. The caramel rich and the meringue light undertone match perfectly when chewed. They form a harmony in every morsel. This recipe is based on the most recent cooking book by Stephanie Alexander, which is full of cooking tips that will work for any event. Regardless of whether you are planning a leisurely brunch or looking for a sophisticated dessert, these brown sugar meringues are a great component of any gathering. 🤤 🧁
brown-sugar-meringues-with-salted-caramel-cream-40527-2.jpg

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
For Salted Caramel Cream:
  • 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons strong espresso coffee
  • 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
  • Pinch of sea salt

Instruction

Prepare Meringues:

1. Preheat your oven to 120°C (250°F) and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
  2. Sift the brown sugar into a bowl and set aside.
  3. Using a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
  4. Gradually add caster sugar, one-third at a time, while continuing to whisk until the mixture is glossy and thick.
  5. With the mixer running, slowly add the sifted brown sugar until well combined.
  6. Transfer the meringue mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm plain nozzle.
  7. Pipe tablespoon-sized meringues onto the prepared trays, leaving space between each.
Bake Meringues:
  1. Bake the meringues for about 50 minutes or until they are crisp to the touch.
  2. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues inside with the door propped open using a wooden spoon until they are completely cooled.
  3. Store the meringues in an airtight container once cooled.
Make Salted Caramel Cream:
  1. In a heavy-based saucepan, combine caster sugar and water over medium heat.
  2. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar, then increase the heat and boil for 5-6 minutes until you get a medium-dark caramel (do not stir during this process).
  3. Carefully add espresso coffee and extra water, stirring until the caramel becomes smooth.
  4. Boil for an additional minute until the caramel thickens slightly.
  5. Let the caramel cool to room temperature.
Assemble:
  1. Using a stand mixer, whisk the thickened cream until soft peaks form.
  2. Spoon all of the cooled caramel into the cream and gently whisk until well blended and firm.
  3. Stir in a few flakes of sea salt.
  4. Sandwich pairs of meringues with a dollop of salted caramel cream.
  5. Allow the filled meringues to soften for about 30 minutes before serving.

Please go ahead and fall in love with these fluffy brown sugar meringues filled with smooth salted caramel cream for a fabulous dessert. 🤤 64×64 png
3.9 kB🧁
What's the shelf life of these brown sugar meringues with salted caramel cream? 🤔 I'm thinking of making a big batch for a party next weekend.

Hey! Those meringues should be good for about 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container at room temp. So if you're prepping for next weekend, they should be fine!🤗
What's the shelf life of these brown sugar meringues with salted caramel cream? 🤔 I'm thinking of making a big batch for a party next weekend.

These brown sugar meringues with salted caramel cream look absolutely scrumptious! 🍮 The combo sounds dreamy—can’t wait to try making these myself. Thanks for the sweet recipe! 😍

These brown sugar meringues with salted caramel cream look absolutely scrumptious! 🍮 The combo sounds dreamy—can’t wait to try making these myself. Thanks for the sweet recipe! 😍
Thanks so much for the sweet words! 😄 I’m thrilled you’re excited to try the meringues with salted caramel cream—hope they turn out as dreamy as they sound!

Back