Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I recently made these amazing buttermilk biscuits, and I just had to share the recipe with you all. They're fluffy, buttery, and super easy to make. Perfect for breakfast or as a side for dinner. Enjoy!

Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe

Ingredients:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk, cold
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Add the cold butter cubes to the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the cold buttermilk. Stir until just combined. The dough will be sticky.
  5. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently knead it a few times to bring it together. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
  6. Pat the dough out into a 1-inch thick rectangle. Use a biscuit cutter or a floured glass to cut out biscuits. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
  7. Gather any scraps of dough, pat it out again, and cut out more biscuits until all the dough is used.
  8. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
  9. Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
    buttermilk biscuit recipe.jpg
That's it! These biscuits are perfect with some butter and honey or your favorite jam. Let me know if you try them out and how they turn out!

Back