Cacio e Pepe Recipe

MylaPeek

Culinary Explorer

Hi there! Guess what? I just made up a killer Cacio e Pepe! 🧀🍝 It's ridiculously easy and insanely tasty. Whether you're in a rush or planning a cozy night in, this dish is a winner. Who knew such simple ingredients could create such magic? 😍👌 Don't miss out—give it a shot!

Cacio e Pepe Recipe

cacio-e-pepe-recipe-jpg.3800

Ingredients (Serves 2)​

• Kosher salt
  • 6 oz. pasta (egg tagliolini, bucatini, or spaghetti)
  • 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed (divided)
  • 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper, plus extra for garnish
  • ¾ cup finely grated Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese
  • ⅓ cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese

Preparation​

1. Boil Pasta:
    • In a 5-quart pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
    • Season the boiling water with kosher salt.
    • Add 6 oz. pasta (egg tagliolini, bucatini, or spaghetti) and cook, stirring occasionally, until about 2 minutes before tender.
    • Drain the pasta, reserving ¾ cup of the pasta cooking water.
  2. Prepare Sauce:
    • While the pasta cooks, melt 2 Tbsp. of the cubed unsalted butter in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat.
    • Add 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper and cook, swirling the pan, until the pepper is toasted, about 1 minute.
  3. Combine Pasta and Sauce:
    • Add ½ cup of the reserved pasta water to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
    • Add the cooked pasta and the remaining 1 Tbsp. of cubed butter.
    • Reduce the heat to low and add ¾ cup finely grated Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese. Stir and toss with tongs until the cheese is melted.
  4. Finish and Serve:
    • Remove the pan from heat.
    • Add ⅓ cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese, stirring and tossing until the cheese melts and the sauce coats the pasta, which should be al dente. (If the sauce seems dry, add more pasta water as needed.)
    • Transfer the pasta to warm bowls, garnish with additional black pepper, and serve immediately.

PS: So there you have it, folks! My take on the classic Cacio e Pepe. 🧀🍝 It's become my go-to when I need a quick, comforting meal that never fails to impress. Trust me, once you try it, you'll be hooked! 😋 Let me know how it turns out for you!

Attachments

• Cacio e Pepe Recipe.jpg
    Cacio e Pepe Recipe.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 65
OMG Cacio e Pepe GOALS! 😃 This recipe looks ridiculously easy and insanely delicious at the same time - my kinda dish! Who knew a few simple ingredients could pack this much flavor punch? Thanks for sharing 🤗 Definitely gonna try this one for my next weeknight dinner!

OMG Cacio e Pepe GOALS! 😃 This recipe looks ridiculously easy and insanely delicious at the same time - my kinda dish! Who knew a few simple ingredients could pack this much flavor punch? Thanks for sharing 🤗 Definitely gonna try this one for my next weeknight dinner!
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm thrilled you're excited to try out the recipe. It really is a flavor-packed gem and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Let me know how it turns out for you! 🍝😊

Back