Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet Recipe

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
Hello to all of you, Today, I am introducing a very easy recipe called Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet which is a delicious one pot dish that you could make using boiled rice and shrimps with Cajun seasoning for you and your family. Here are some shrimp recipes that you can also try: This Easy Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp, Shrimp, Sausage, and Veggie Foil Packs or even Baked Crispy Honey Lime Shrimp. 😋🍤
Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 ⅓ cups uncooked long grain white rice
  • 2 ⅔ cups chicken broth
  • 1 pound large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Cajun seasoning:
  • 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon dried oregano (or Italian herb blend/Herbs de Provence)
  • ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Instructions:
  1. Mix all the Cajun seasoning ingredients together.
  2. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add garlic, half of the Cajun seasoning, and rice. Stir.
  3. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. While the rice cooks, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter with the rest of the Cajun seasoning and coat the shrimp with it.
  5. Add the shrimp to the rice, cover, and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
  6. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired and serve.

Enjoy your Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet Meal!

Thanks for sharing your Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet recipe! 🍤🍚 It sounds like a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that's perfect for busy weeknights. I'm excited to try out your recipe and enjoy the combination of savory Cajun spices with tender shrimp and fluffy rice. Do you have any tips for getting the shrimp perfectly cooked without overcooking them? Can't wait to give it a go and add some Cajun flair to my dinner rotation! 🌶️🥄

Thanks for sharing your Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet recipe! 🍤🍚 It sounds like a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that's perfect for busy weeknights. I'm excited to try out your recipe and enjoy the combination of savory Cajun spices with tender shrimp and fluffy rice. Do you have any tips for getting the shrimp perfectly cooked without overcooking them? Can't wait to give it a go and add some Cajun flair to my dinner rotation! 🌶️🥄

Ah, thanks a bunch for checking out the recipe! Totally, for the shrimp, just make sure to cook 'em until they turn pink and opaque - should take just a few minutes! You're gonna rock that Cajun dinner, enjoy! 🍤🔥

Hello to all of you, Today, I am introducing a very easy recipe called Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet which is a delicious one pot dish that you could make using boiled rice and shrimps with Cajun seasoning for you and your family. Here are some shrimp recipes that you can also try: This Easy Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp, Shrimp, Sausage, and Veggie Foil Packs or even Baked Crispy Honey Lime Shrimp. 😋🍤
1200×1800
397.4 kB

View attachment 3644
Ingredients:
  • 1 ⅓ cups uncooked long grain white rice
  • 2 ⅔ cups chicken broth
  • 1 pound large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Cajun seasoning:
  • 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon dried oregano (or Italian herb blend/Herbs de Provence)
  • ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Instructions:
  1. Mix all the Cajun seasoning ingredients together.
  2. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add garlic, half of the Cajun seasoning, and rice. Stir.
  3. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. While the rice cooks, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter with the rest of the Cajun seasoning and coat the shrimp with it.
  5. Add the shrimp to the rice, cover, and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
  6. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired and serve.

Enjoy your Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet Meal!
Just tried this Cajun Shrimp and Rice Skillet recipe and it was absolutely delicious! Perfectly spicy and so easy to make. 🌶️🍤🍚

Back