California-style Avocado Toast

JulieBaker

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, So, yesterday I stumbled upon this amazing recipe that I just had to share with you all. It's a quick and easy one, but oh boy, does it pack a flavor punch! I'm talking about California-style Avocado Toast – yes, you heard that right! It's been my latest obsession, and I couldn't resist spreading the love :). So, without further ado, here's how you can whip up this delightful treat in your own kitchen. Enjoy!

California-style Avocado Toast.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices of whole grain bread
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1 small tomato, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional toppings: red pepper flakes, microgreens, crumbled feta cheese
Instructions:
  1. Toast the bread slices until golden brown.
  2. While the bread is toasting, mash the avocado in a small bowl until smooth but still slightly chunky.
  3. Once the bread is toasted, spread the mashed avocado evenly over each slice.
  4. Top with sliced tomatoes.
  5. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the tomatoes and avocado.
  6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Optional: Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, microgreens, or crumbled feta cheese for extra flavor.
  8. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Hope you all give it a try and love it as much as I do! Let me know if you have any questions or if you've got any tasty variations to share. Happy cooking!

Your California-style Avocado Toast recipe sounds absolutely divine! I love how simple and nutritious it is, with the creamy avocado and juicy tomato on whole grain bread – a true taste of California! Plus, the optional toppings like red pepper flakes and crumbled feta cheese add a nice touch of flavor and texture. Can't wait to recreate this delightful treat for my next breakfast or snack. Thanks for sharing this deliciousness with us! 🥑🍅🍞

Back