Can I add flour to my Alfredo sauce?

Marich

Tasty Apprentice
Hiii! Wondrin’ if anyone's tried thickening Alfredo sauce with flour. Always thought roux could work wonders for gravies, so why not for Alfredo? Concerned it might alter the classic taste or texture too much. Love to hear your tricks for a smoother, richer sauce without compromising flavor. Any advice?

Skip the flour! Simmer your Alfredo sauce to thicken it up :) You'll get a richer, smoother sauce without it getting gloppy ..Add some Parmesan at the end for extra creaminess! 🧀😋

Adding flour to Alfredo sauce is not traditional, but it can be used as a thickening agent if desired, though it may alter the texture and flavor slightly. Be sure to cook the flour thoroughly in butter before adding the other ingredients to avoid a raw flour taste.:);)

Hey! Yeah, you can totally add flour to thicken Alfredo sauce. I do it all the time! 🤩 Just make a roux first, then add your cream and cheese. It works great and doesn't mess with the flavor! 👍 Thanks for the tip!

Skip the flour! Simmer your Alfredo sauce to thicken it up :) You'll get a richer, smoother sauce without it getting gloppy ..Add some Parmesan at the end for extra creaminess! 🧀😋
Thanks for the tip! 😊 Gonna give it a try next time... sounds like it'll make the sauce 🔥 and extra creamy with that Parmesan! 🧀

Adding flour to Alfredo sauce is not traditional, but it can be used as a thickening agent if desired, though it may alter the texture and flavor slightly. Be sure to cook the flour thoroughly in butter before adding the other ingredients to avoid a raw flour taste.:);)
Thanks for the tip! 🌟 I'll give it a shot next time—totally agree that cooking the flour first is key to avoid that raw taste. 😉

Hey! Yeah, you can totally add flour to thicken Alfredo sauce. I do it all the time! 🤩 Just make a roux first, then add your cream and cheese. It works great and doesn't mess with the flavor! 👍 Thanks for the tip!
Oh, you're welcome! So glad you like the roux trick for thickening Alfredo sauce. It’s a game-changer, right? 😋✨ Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Back