Can I use butter instead of oil for waffles?

sugarush

Novice Foodie
Good day, everyone! Quick question - can I swap out oil for butter when making waffles? Been curious if that switch would mess up the texture or flavor. Really aiming for that rich, buttery taste but don't want to end up with a kitchen disaster. Anyone tried this before?

Good day, everyone! Quick question - can I swap out oil for butter when making waffles? Been curious if that switch would mess up the texture or flavor. Really aiming for that rich, buttery taste but don't want to end up with a kitchen disaster. Anyone tried this before?
Yup, I've done it. Swapping oil for butter makes the waffles richer and tastier. Give it a try, won't regret it... promise.😋

Personally, I think using butter can add a richer flavor to waffles. 🧈 Though, oil might give a crispier texture. 🥞

Swapping oil for butter in waffle batter can indeed bring a richer flavor and slightly different texture. Just keep in mind that butter has a lower smoke point, so adjust your cooking temperature accordingly to prevent burning. Go ahead and give it a whirl—your taste buds might just thank you! 🧈🥞

Back