Can I use powdered eggs for French toast?

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hi, quick question for everyone here: has anyone tried using powdered eggs instead of fresh ones for making French toast? I’m curious if the texture or taste changes noticeably. Swapping in powdered eggs would simplify my kitchen logistics, but I don't want to compromise on the classic French toast experience. Thoughts?🥚🍳🪺

It's possible to use powdered eggs, but I personally would not recommend it. It will not give you the genuine taste of french toast that we came to love. 🫤

Hey there! I've never tried using powdered eggs for French toast, but I imagine it might affect the texture and taste a bit. Fresh eggs tend to give French toast a richer flavor and fluffier texture. Powdered eggs might work in a pinch, but I'd recommend sticking with fresh eggs for the best results if you can. It's worth the extra effort for that classic French toast experience! 🍞🍳

Hmmmm. Based on my experience, I believe powdered eggs might make a useful stand-in if you're short on time. However, it might not taste as well as when using fresh eggs. 🥚. Hope this helps! ;)

Back