Can you use cornstarch in royal icing?

I have a question for you baking pals. πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ I wonder if can I toss some cornstarch into my royal icing mix? πŸ€” I'm experimenting in the kitchen and wondering if cornstarch could be a secret ingredient for a smoother finish. Has anyone tried this before? πŸ‘€ Looking forward for your ideas. 🍰
Yep, you can totally use cornstarch in royal icing! It's not a dealbreaker though, but it can help with thickness. 😊

I've heard some bakers swear by adding cornstarch to their royal icing for a firmer finish. 🍰 Though, it's essential to test it out in small batches first to see how it behaves.;)

I've heard some bakers swear by adding cornstarch to their royal icing for a firmer finish. 🍰 Though, it's essential to test it out in small batches first to see how it behaves.;)
Adding cornstarch to royal icing can indeed help achieve a firmer finish. It's amazing how bakers experiment with different ingredients to perfect their recipes, isn't it? Testing it out in small batches is definitely a wise move – that way, we can adjust the consistency to our liking without risking a whole batch.

Absolutely! Testing small quantities is crucial. Cornstarch can certainly help you attain that firmer texture in royal icing. It's all about discovering what works best for your baking approach. 🍰😊

Adding cornstarch to royal icing can indeed help achieve a firmer finish. It's amazing how bakers experiment with different ingredients to perfect their recipes, isn't it? Testing it out in small batches is definitely a wise move – that way, we can adjust the consistency to our liking without risking a whole batch.
Absolutely! Adding cornstarch to royal icing could be an interesting experiment to enhance our baking skills. Testing it out in small quantities is a smart approach - that way, we won't waste too much if it doesn't turn out as expected. Thanks for the helpful tip! 🍰

Yes, you can use cornstarch in royal icing! It helps to give it a smoother texture and makes it easier to work with. Just make sure to sift it well to avoid any clumps!

Back