What makes royal icing shiny?

Chiyah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey theree!! 🍰 I've been pondering over what exactly makes royal icing achieve that gorgeous shine we all adore. 🤔 Does anyone know what to do? I've tried my fair share of royal icing recipes, but I still don't know the secret behind this. Do you have any insights to offer? 🌟

Shiny royal icing is all about drying ;) Less is more - the less water, the shinier the icing ✨ Try letting it air dry for a bit before decorating ..

Hey! 🎂 So, from what I've gathered, it's all about that egg white magic! 🥚✨ When you whip up royal icing, those egg whites create a smooth, glossy finish as they dry. Some folks also add a touch of lemon juice or corn syrup to amp up the shine. It's like edible lacquer for your baked goods! 😄🌟 But hey, I'm still learning too, so if anyone's got more tips, spill the icing beans! 🍰👩‍🍳

Hey theree!! 🍰 I've been pondering over what exactly makes royal icing achieve that gorgeous shine we all adore. 🤔 Does anyone know what to do? I've tried my fair share of royal icing recipes, but I still don't know the secret behind this. Do you have any insights to offer? 🌟
Royal icing gets its shiny appearance from its smooth texture and the way it dries. When properly mixed and applied to cookies or cakes, royal icing forms a smooth surface that hardens as it dries, resulting in a glossy finish. The use of powdered sugar, egg whites or meringue powder, and water contributes to its consistency and sheen.

Back