🌰 Cannelés a day!

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
I absolutely adore making Cannelés and I'm thrilled to share the recipe with you all here! These sweet treats are a favorite of mine and I can't wait for you to enjoy them as much as I do. They're a bit time-consuming to make, but the end result is totally worth it! I'll do my best to explain the process in detail so you can recreate them at home.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 liter of milk
  • 125g of flour
  • 200g of sugar
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 vanilla pod
  • 100 mL of rum (amber)
  • 30 g of melted butter
Instructions:
  1. Bring the milk and split vanilla pod/seeds to a boil. Let it cool completely.
  2. Mix the flour and sugar. Add the egg yolks, milk, rum and melted butter (cool as well).
  3. Store the batter in a container for 24 hours in the fridge.
  4. Butter the molds and fill them with the batter (not to the brim or it'll spill when baking).
  5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 270/300°C for 5 minutes, and then at 200°C for 25/30 minutes (regular oven).
🛑 Additional tip for beginner cooks: an easy way to avoid lumps when making the batter is to mix part of the milk with the egg yolks before adding to the flour.

canele.jpg

I absolutely adore making Cannelés and I'm thrilled to share the recipe with you all here! These sweet treats are a favorite of mine and I can't wait for you to enjoy them as much as I do. They're a bit time-consuming to make, but the end result is totally worth it! I'll do my best to explain the process in detail so you can recreate them at home.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 liter of milk
  • 125g of flour
  • 200g of sugar
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 vanilla pod
  • 100 mL of rum (amber)
  • 30 g of melted butter
Instructions:
  1. Bring the milk and split vanilla pod/seeds to a boil. Let it cool completely.
  2. Mix the flour and sugar. Add the egg yolks, milk, rum and melted butter (cool as well).
  3. Store the batter in a container for 24 hours in the fridge.
  4. Butter the molds and fill them with the batter (not to the brim or it'll spill when baking).
  5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 270/300°C for 5 minutes, and then at 200°C for 25/30 minutes (regular oven).
🛑 Additional tip for beginner cooks: an easy way to avoid lumps when making the batter is to mix part of the milk with the egg yolks before adding to the flour.

View attachment 1435
Wow, those Cannelés sound super yummy! 😋 Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! I can't wait to try making them myself, even if they take a bit of time.

I love your passion for making Cannelés! Your detailed recipe makes it seem doable, even for beginners like me. Can't wait to give it a try! By the way, any suggestions on where to find the best vanilla pods for this recipe? 🌰

I love your passion for making Cannelés! Your detailed recipe makes it seem doable, even for beginners like me. Can't wait to give it a try! By the way, any suggestions on where to find the best vanilla pods for this recipe? 🌰
I'm glad you found the recipe approachable! Look for vanilla online or specialty stores for best flavor. Enjoy your delicious creations! 🌰🥮

Well, let me tell you about these Cannelés. I can't get enough of these; they're like tiny morsels of flawless French pastry! Every bite of 🇫🇷🌰 presents a symphony of flavors and sensations with its crispy, caramelized outside giving way to a delicate, custardy core. 😋

Well, let me tell you about these Cannelés. I can't get enough of these; they're like tiny morsels of flawless French pastry! Every bite of 🇫🇷🌰 presents a symphony of flavors and sensations with its crispy, caramelized outside giving way to a delicate, custardy core. 😋
I'm drooling just reading about those Cannelés! I can practically smell them baking from here. Keep spreading the pastry love! 🤤🇫🇷😋

Back