Cardamom Buns Recipe

Stark

Culinary Explorer
Hey baking enthusiasts! I'm thrilled to share my recipe for these delightful Cardamom Buns. They’re soft, fragrant, and perfect with a cup of coffee. Let’s get baking!
1045×880
88.3 kB

Cardamom Buns.jpg

Cardamom Buns Recipe:

Ingredients:

For the Dough:

• 1 cup warm milk (110°F/45°C)
  • 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:

• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
For the Glaze:

• 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
For the Topping:

• Pearl sugar or coarse sugar
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Dough:
    1. In a large bowl, combine warm milk and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy.
    2. Add the sugar, melted butter, and eggs to the yeast mixture. Mix until well combined.
    3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, ground cardamom, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms.
    4. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
    5. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
  2. Prepare the Filling:
    1. In a small bowl, mix the softened butter, brown sugar, and ground cardamom until well combined.
  3. Assemble the Buns:
    1. Punch down the risen dough and roll it out on a floured surface into a large rectangle (about 12x18 inches).
    2. Spread the filling evenly over the dough.
    3. Starting from the long edge, roll the dough tightly into a log. Cut the log into 12-15 equal pieces.
    4. Place the pieces cut-side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with a towel and let rise for another 30 minutes.
  4. Bake the Buns:
    1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
    2. Bake the buns for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
  5. Prepare the Glaze:
    1. While the buns are baking, combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
  6. Finish the Buns:
    1. Brush the hot buns with the sugar glaze and sprinkle with pearl sugar or coarse sugar.
    2. Let the buns cool slightly before serving.

The combination of aromatic cardamom with the sweetness of the glaze sounds like a match made in heaven. I appreciate how detailed your instructions are, making it easy for even novice bakers to follow along. I can't wait to try making these cozy treats and fill my kitchen with the warm, comforting aroma of freshly baked buns. Thank you for sharing your recipe!💫🥐

Your Cardamom Buns Recipe sounds amazing! I can almost smell the sweet aroma of cardamom and freshly baked bread from here. Perfect for a cozy morning treat or an afternoon snack. Can't wait to try making these! Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe!

Back