CHEDDAR PASTA TOSS RECIPE

Prel

Culinary Explorer
๐Ÿ‘‹ I'm excited to share my go-to recipe, the Cheddar Pasta Toss. ๐Ÿ˜Š I remember the first time I made this dish with Emily โ€“ she's always had a knack for cooking, and this recipe became an instant favorite. Whether it's for a cozy luncheon or a sunny picnic, it never fails to impress. Let's dive in together! ๐Ÿฝ๏ธ

CHEDDAR PASTA TOSS.jpg

INGREDIENTS​

• 1 1โ„2cups tri-color spiral pasta, uncooked
  • 0.5(10 ounce) package frozen green peas
  • 1cup cooked ham, julienned
  • 1(8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, cubed into small cubes
  • 1โ„2cup chopped celery
  • 1โ„2cup sliced ripe olives
  • 3green onions, green parts only, chopped
  • 1โ„4cup mayonnaise
  • 2tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1tablespoon olive oil
  • 1โ„4teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1โ„4teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1pinch salt (to taste) (optional)
  • 1pinch ground black pepper (to taste) (optional)
  • 1(4 ounce) jar pimentos

DIRECTIONS​

1. Cook rotini according to package directions, during the last 5-7 minutes of cooking time add peas to rotini.
  2. Drain pasta and peas, rinse pasta and peas in cold water, then drain again.
  3. Combine pasta/peas with the next five ingredients. Toss gently to combine.
  4. In a small bowl combine all of the mayo with the next 4 ingredients and the salt and pepper if using. Whisk together until smooth and uniform.
  5. Pour dressing over the pasta mixture and stir gently to combine until the pasta mixture is evenly coated.
  6. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Overnight is best.
Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you! Cooking is all about experimenting and having fun in the kitchen. Happy cooking! ๐ŸŽ‰

Sounds delightful ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‹ Love the combo of ham, peas, and cheddar - perfect for a light and refreshing lunch or picnic ..Thanks for sharing this recipe with Emily's touch! โœจ๏ธ

Back