πŸ§€πŸ₯” CHEESY POTATOES RECIPE πŸ§€πŸ₯”

potatohead101

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, hungry friends! Today I've got a treat for you that's pure comfort in a dish.

800Γ—1091
73.7 kB

cheesy potatoes recipe.jpg

πŸ…ΈπŸ…½πŸ…ΆπŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…³πŸ…ΈπŸ…΄πŸ…½πŸ†ƒπŸ†‚​

• 2 pounds frozen diced potatoes, like Ore Ida, thawed
  • 8 tablespoons salted butter
  • 16 ounces sour cream
  • 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
  • kosher salt and pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
  • 2 cups crushed potato chips, I like to use kettle cooked chips

πŸ…ΈπŸ…½πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ†„πŸ…²πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ†‚​

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. To thaw the potatoes, place the bags in the fridge overnight. Make sure to drain any liquid after thawing.
  2. Melt the butter in a large bowl, either in the microwave or on the stovetop. Let it cool slightly.
  3. Combine the sour cream and soup with the melted butter in the bowl, whisking until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper, and optionally add a sprinkle of dried parsley.
  4. Gently mix in the thawed potatoes until evenly combined.
  5. Spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top. You can refrigerate the dish covered, or proceed directly to baking.
  6. If baking immediately, sprinkle crushed potato chips on top.
  7. Bake for 60 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serve by scooping out portions.
  8. This dish freezes well. After spreading the mixture in the baking dish, tightly seal with plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To bake, thaw completely, top with cheddar and potato chips.
  9. Leftovers are also delicious, sometimes even tastier than when freshly made.

Happy cooking! πŸ§€πŸ₯”

Cheesy potatoes are the ultimate comfort food! πŸ§€πŸ₯” Can't resist that creamy, gooey goodness. Definitely adding this to my must-try list! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

This recipe looks amazing, definitely going to try it this week. I love the idea of using crushed potato chips for the topping - so much better than breadcrumbs! πŸ™‚πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‹πŸŒΈ

Back