Cheesy Spring Rolls

Marysweeet413

Novice Foodie
Hello cheese lovers!!

I just bumped into a recipe that really made me appreciate my cooking style. I was just looking for a dish where I can add my favorite ingredient in cooking "cheese". All forms of cheese will do, maybe except those high valued cheese in the market. I added a mozzarella cheese on my spring rolls and it made my traditional spring roll a special one.

Here the recipe. I hope you can follow.

Ingredients:

• Spring roll wrappers (available at Asian grocery stores)View attachment 141
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, and onions)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Oil for frying
  • Sweet chili sauce or your favorite dipping sauce (optional)
Instructions:

1. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and grated ginger, and sauté until fragrant.
  2. Add the mixed vegetables to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are slightly softened but still crispy. Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
  3. In a large bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Add the cooled vegetable mixture to the bowl and mix well to combine.
  4. Take one spring roll wrapper and place it on a flat surface in a diamond shape, with one corner pointing towards you.
  5. Spoon a generous amount of the cheese and vegetable filling onto the bottom corner of the wrapper, leaving some space at the edges.
  6. Fold the bottom corner over the filling, tucking it tightly. Fold in the left and right corners towards the center, and then roll up the spring roll tightly.
  7. Use a bit of water to seal the top corner of the wrapper, ensuring the spring roll is tightly sealed.
  8. Heat oil in a deep pan or fryer. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the spring rolls in the oil, a few at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally for even cooking.
  9. Remove the spring rolls from the oil using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
  10. Serve the cheesy spring rolls hot with sweet chili sauce or your favorite dipping sauce on the side.

Here it is. It is easy and affordable. Also, this cheesy spring rolls are best enjoyed fresh and crispy.
Enjoy the cheesy goodness with each bite of your spring roll. I hope you can you can yours!

Those cheesy spring rolls sound amazing! 🧀🌯 I love the idea of combining the crispiness of spring rolls with gooey cheese inside. Can't wait to try making them for my next gathering! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hello cheese lovers!!

I just bumped into a recipe that really made me appreciate my cooking style. I was just looking for a dish where I can add my favorite ingredient in cooking "cheese". All forms of cheese will do, maybe except those high valued cheese in the market. I added a mozzarella cheese on my spring rolls and it made my traditional spring roll a special one.

Here the recipe. I hope you can follow.

Ingredients:

• Spring roll wrappers (available at Asian grocery stores)View attachment 141
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, and onions)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Oil for frying
  • Sweet chili sauce or your favorite dipping sauce (optional)
Instructions:

1. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and grated ginger, and sauté until fragrant.
  2. Add the mixed vegetables to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are slightly softened but still crispy. Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
  3. In a large bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Add the cooled vegetable mixture to the bowl and mix well to combine.
  4. Take one spring roll wrapper and place it on a flat surface in a diamond shape, with one corner pointing towards you.
  5. Spoon a generous amount of the cheese and vegetable filling onto the bottom corner of the wrapper, leaving some space at the edges.
  6. Fold the bottom corner over the filling, tucking it tightly. Fold in the left and right corners towards the center, and then roll up the spring roll tightly.
  7. Use a bit of water to seal the top corner of the wrapper, ensuring the spring roll is tightly sealed.
  8. Heat oil in a deep pan or fryer. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the spring rolls in the oil, a few at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally for even cooking.
  9. Remove the spring rolls from the oil using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
  10. Serve the cheesy spring rolls hot with sweet chili sauce or your favorite dipping sauce on the side.

Here it is. It is easy and affordable. Also, this cheesy spring rolls are best enjoyed fresh and crispy.
Enjoy the cheesy goodness with each bite of your spring roll. I hope you can you can yours!
Cheesy spring rolls sound absolutely delicious! Perfect for a snack or party appetizer. 😋🧀

Back