🍗 Chicken Ala King Recipe 🍗

iwantbulalo🍖

Culinary Explorer
This chicken ala king is so tasty and flavorful, you won't believe it! 😋 It's creamy and rich, with tender chicken and colorful veggies that just melt in your mouth. I had to share it because it's too good to keep to myself!

999×1113
68 kB

chicken ala king recipe.jpg

Ingredients​

• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon peppercorns
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled and pounded
  • 2 bay leaves
  • ½ cup dry sherry wine
  • cool water
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • ½ red bell pepper, stemmed, cored and chopped
  • ½ green bell pepper, red pepper, stemmed, cored and chopped
  • 4 ounces fresh button mushrooms, sliced thinly
  • 2 cups broth
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions​

• Place chicken in a large pot in a single layer. Season with salt, peppercorns, crushed garlic, and bay leaves.
  • Pour in wine and enough water to cover the chicken by about 1 inch (approximately 6 cups). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, skimming off any foam that rises to the top.
  • Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
  • Remove chicken from the pot immediately and let it cool before cutting into 1-inch cubes.
  • Strain the broth, reserving about 2 cups. Discard the solids.
  • In a pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and garlic, cooking until softened.
  • Add bell peppers and mushrooms, cooking until softened.
  • Stir in flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until lightly browned.
  • Gradually add the reserved broth and heavy cream, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
  • Add the diced chicken. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce slightly thickens.
  • Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot over rice, noodles, or toasted bread.

Your Chicken Ala King recipe is giving me major cravings! 🤤🍗 Can't wait to cook this up for a cozy dinner. Thanks for sharing your delicious dish!

OMG, this Chicken ala King looks like the ultimate comfort food! So creamy and dreamy, with all that tender chicken and colorful goodness. This recipe is definitely going on my "must-try" list! 💯

Back