Chicken and Apricot Pilaf

stephaniesooenjoyer

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! 👋 I wanted to share one of my favorite Armenian dishes with you all – Chicken and Apricot Pilaf. It’s a delicious, comforting dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
Chicken and Apricot Pilaf.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 2 cups basmati rice
  • 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into pieces
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley for garnish

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Rice: Rinse the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Set aside.
  2. Cook the Chicken: In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
  3. Sauté the Aromatics: In the same pan, add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant.
  4. Add Spices and Nuts: Stir in the cinnamon, cumin, slivered almonds, and pine nuts. Cook for a few minutes until the nuts are lightly toasted.
  5. Combine Ingredients: Add the rice, chopped apricots, and browned chicken back into the pan. Pour in the chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
  6. Cook the Pilaf: Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
  7. Garnish and Serve: Fluff the pilaf with a fork, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve hot.

This Chicken and Apricot Pilaf recipe sounds absolutely delicious! 😋 I love the combination of sweet apricots with savory spices – it’s such a perfect blend. Can't wait to try this out! 😉👍✨👌

Brown the chicken pieces before adding them to the pilaf. I think this seals in the juices and adds a nice caramelized flavor. 🍗🔥

Thank you for sharing your Chicken and Apricot Pilaf recipe! 🍗🍑 It looks like a delicious and comforting dish, combining savory chicken with the sweet, tangy flavor of apricots. The mix of spices and fluffy rice sounds absolutely mouthwatering. I can't wait to try it out! Do you have any tips for ensuring the rice cooks perfectly or any suggestions for additional ingredients to enhance the flavor even more? Excited to add this to my list of go-to recipes! 🌟🍚

Back