Chicken and Bean Stew

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to share one of my favorite hearty and wholesome recipes with you all: Chicken and Bean Stew. It's perfect for dinner on a chilly evening, and it's packed with protein and fiber. Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:

• 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
    1712290852004.jpeg
Instructions:

1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat a bit of oil over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
  2. In the same pot, add a bit more oil if needed, then add the diced onion, minced garlic, diced carrots, and diced celery. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Return the cooked chicken to the pot. Add the diced tomatoes (with their juices), chicken broth, cannellini beans, dried thyme, and dried rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Bring the stew to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the flavors have melded together.
  5. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve the chicken and bean stew hot, garnished with freshly chopped parsley.
I hope you all enjoy this comforting and nutritious meal as much as I do! Let me know if you try it out or if you have any questions. Happy cooking! 🍲🌿

Sounds hearty and delicious! 🍲 Are you using white beans or black beans? It's such a comforting dish, perfect for cozy nights. Can't wait to try it out! 🍽️

The combination of tender chicken, flavorful beans, and aromatic herbs and spices promises a dish bursting with deliciousness. Plus, it's packed with protein and nutrients, making it both comforting and nourishing. I can already imagine cozying up with a bowl of this stew and some crusty bread on a cold evening—it's definitely going on my must-try list!🥰👍

Oh, this recipe brings back memories of cozy family dinners! There's something so comforting about a hearty chicken and bean stew simmering away on the stove. I can almost smell the delicious aromas already!

Back