Chicken Fricassee

doebadie

Novice Foodie
chicken-fricassee-recipe-snippet.jpg

I recently tried out a classic Chicken Fricassee recipe, and let me tell you, it was a hit! The combination of tender chicken, creamy sauce, and a medley of vegetables made for a comforting meal that felt both rich and homey. šŸ„˜

Ingredients:

• 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 carrots, sliced
  • 2 celery stalks, sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup white wine (optional)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Fresh thyme sprigs
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions:

1. Sear the Chicken: Start by heating the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then brown them on all sides. Once done, remove the chicken and set it aside.
  2. SautƩ the Veggies: In the same skillet, add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
  3. Make the Sauce: Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir for about a minute. Slowly pour in the chicken broth and white wine, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
  4. Simmer the Chicken: Return the chicken to the skillet, add the bay leaf and thyme sprigs, and let everything simmer gently for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
  5. Finish with Cream: Stir in the heavy cream and let the sauce simmer for another 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
  6. Serve: Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot, preferably over rice, mashed potatoes, or with a crusty piece of bread to soak up that delicious sauce. šŸ—
After trying this, I think Chicken Fricassee is going to be a regular in my kitchen. Itā€™s one of those dishes that feels fancy but is really simple to pull togetherā€”perfect for a cozy dinner at home!

That Chicken Fricassee sounds like total comfort food heaven! šŸ™ŒšŸ— Thanks for sharing the recipeā€”definitely adding it to my rotation for those cozy nights in!

Back