Chicken Piccata

Tim_05

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, foodie friends! 🍋🍗 Today, I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite recipes: Chicken Piccata. This dish is a true crowd-pleaser, with tender chicken breasts cooked in a zesty lemon and caper sauce. Trust me, it's a flavor explosion that'll have everyone coming back for seconds! 🍽️

Chicken Piccata (1).jpg

Ingredients​

• 450g / 16oz chicken breast (2 large pieces), skinless boneless (Note 1)
  • 4 tbsp flour (sub cornflour/cornstarch for GF)
  • 2 1/2 tbsp parmesan , finely grated (Note 2)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp / 15g unsalted butter

LEMON SAUCE:​

• 2 tbsp / 30g unsalted butter , cut into 1.5cm / 1/2″ cubes
  • 2/3 cup dry white wine (Note 3)
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice , fresh
  • 3 tbsp capers in brine , drained (Note 4)
  • 1 1/2 tsp parsley , finely chopped, plus more for garnish

Instructions​

CRISPY PARMESAN CHICKEN:​

• Cut each breast into 3 pieces. Then place between 2 pieces of cling wrap or paper and pound to 1/2 cm / 0.2″ thickness.
  • Drizzle chicken with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and spread with your fingers on both sides.
  • Mix flour, parmesan, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Coat chicken, pressing to adhere, then shaking off excess.
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then add butter and let it melt.
  • Place 3 pieces of chicken in the skillet. Cook 3 – 4 minutes until golden, then turn and cook the other side for 1 minute. Remove onto plate, repeat with remaining chicken.

CHICKEN PICCATA SAUCE:​

• Pour out and discard excess fat in skillet, then give it a quick wipe with paper towels (no need to clean thoroughly).
  • Still on medium high heat, add wine. Let it simmer rapidly until it reduces by half – around 3 minutes.
  • Add lemon and simmer 1 minute.
  • Reduce heat to low. Add cubed butter and swirl pan to make it melt but not go foamy. Sauce should be glossy, translucent and slightly thickened.
  • Stir in capers and parsley. Serve chicken with Sauce, sprinkled with extra parsley if desired!

Hey there, foodie friends! 🍋🍗 Today, I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite recipes: Chicken Piccata. This dish is a true crowd-pleaser, with tender chicken breasts cooked in a zesty lemon and caper sauce. Trust me, it's a flavor explosion that'll have everyone coming back for seconds! 🍽️

View attachment 2177

Ingredients​

• 450g / 16oz chicken breast (2 large pieces), skinless boneless (Note 1)
  • 4 tbsp flour (sub cornflour/cornstarch for GF)
  • 2 1/2 tbsp parmesan , finely grated (Note 2)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp / 15g unsalted butter

LEMON SAUCE:​

• 2 tbsp / 30g unsalted butter , cut into 1.5cm / 1/2″ cubes
  • 2/3 cup dry white wine (Note 3)
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice , fresh
  • 3 tbsp capers in brine , drained (Note 4)
  • 1 1/2 tsp parsley , finely chopped, plus more for garnish

Instructions​

CRISPY PARMESAN CHICKEN:​

• Cut each breast into 3 pieces. Then place between 2 pieces of cling wrap or paper and pound to 1/2 cm / 0.2″ thickness.
  • Drizzle chicken with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and spread with your fingers on both sides.
  • Mix flour, parmesan, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Coat chicken, pressing to adhere, then shaking off excess.
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then add butter and let it melt.
  • Place 3 pieces of chicken in the skillet. Cook 3 – 4 minutes until golden, then turn and cook the other side for 1 minute. Remove onto plate, repeat with remaining chicken.

CHICKEN PICCATA SAUCE:​

• Pour out and discard excess fat in skillet, then give it a quick wipe with paper towels (no need to clean thoroughly).
  • Still on medium high heat, add wine. Let it simmer rapidly until it reduces by half – around 3 minutes.
  • Add lemon and simmer 1 minute.
  • Reduce heat to low. Add cubed butter and swirl pan to make it melt but not go foamy. Sauce should be glossy, translucent and slightly thickened.
  • Stir in capers and parsley. Serve chicken with Sauce, sprinkled with extra parsley if desired!
Yum, Chicken Piccata is a classic winner! 🍗🍋 Love the tangy lemony goodness with those capers. This dish is like a flavor explosion in your mouth! 😋 Thanks for sharing the recipe, can't wait to try it out!

Chicken piccata is one of my favorites! That tangy lemon and caper sauce over tender chicken always hits the spot. Your recipe looks mouthwatering—I'll have to give it a try for dinner this week! 🍋🍗

This Chicken Piccata is a flavor explosion! Crispy, juicy, and tangy. Perfect for busy nights or impressing guests. Sure to be a hit! 🍋🍗

Your recipe looks mouthwatering. I might add a pinch of garlic powder to the flour mixture for an extra layer of flavor. Can't wait to give it a try!

Back