Chicken Satay Salad Recipe🥗

Idris

Culinary Explorer
Hi friends, I want you to try this healthy Chicken Satay Salad, it is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the flavors of tender grilled chicken skewers with a refreshing salad. This salad is perfect for a light and flavorful meal that's packed with protein and veggies.
1050×854
309.5 kB

chickensataysalad.jpg

Ingredients:

For the chicken satay:

• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for heat)
  • Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
For the salad:

• 6 cups mixed salad greens (such as lettuce, spinach, and arugula)
  • 1 cucumber, sliced
  • 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
For the peanut dressing:

• 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 2-3 tablespoons water, to thin
Instructions:

1. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, minced garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using) to make the marinade for the chicken satay.
  2. Add the chicken strips to the marinade, making sure they are well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours, to allow the flavors to meld.
  3. While the chicken is marinating, prepare the peanut dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, lime juice, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. Set aside.
  4. Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread the marinated chicken strips onto the soaked wooden skewers.
  5. Grill the chicken skewers for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and slightly charred. Remove from the grill and set aside.
  6. In a large bowl, toss together the mixed salad greens, sliced cucumber, sliced bell pepper, thinly sliced red onion, and chopped fresh cilantro.
  7. To assemble the salad, divide the salad mixture among serving plates. Top each plate with grilled chicken skewers and sprinkle with chopped roasted peanuts.
  8. Drizzle the peanut dressing over the Chicken Satay Salad just before serving, or serve it on the side for dipping.
  9. Serve immediately and enjoy the delicious flavors of this Chicken Satay Salad!
Enjoy the vibrant flavors and textures of this Chicken Satay Salad—a delicious and satisfying meal that's perfect for any occasion!

This Chicken Satay Salad looks amazing 🍗🥗 The peanut dressing sounds incredible, and I love the vibrant colors of all the veggies 🤩 Perfect for a healthy and flavorful lunch or light dinner. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds delightful! 😋 For Chicken Satay Salad, grill or pan-sear marinated chicken skewers until cooked through. Serve over a bed of fresh greens with cucumber, carrots, and peanut sauce for a tasty and satisfying meal! 🍗🥒🥜

This Chicken Satay Salad looks amazing 🍗🥗 The peanut dressing sounds incredible, and I love the vibrant colors of all the veggies 🤩 Perfect for a healthy and flavorful lunch or light dinner. Thanks for sharing!
Hey there, @Idris ! That sounds awesome! I'm totally down to give that Chicken Satay Salad a try. 🤗 🤭
Sounds delightful! 😋 For Chicken Satay Salad, grill or pan-sear marinated chicken skewers until cooked through. Serve over a bed of fresh greens with cucumber, carrots, and peanut sauce for a tasty and satisfying meal! 🍗🥒🥜
Will always choose the healthy option for my body, thanks for this ❤️
Thanks guys, I'm glad that you like the recipe. Try it and enjoy, I'm sure you won't regret it😊👌

Back