Chicken Satay

ade11e

Novice Foodie
Something I've been obsessed with lately.. it's Chicken Satay! It is a delicious and flavorful dish that's perfect for sharing. Here's an easy recipe to serve 5 people:

chickensatay.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into thin strips
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes

For the Peanut Sauce:​

• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (optional, for heat)
  • Water (as needed to thin the sauce)

Instructions:​

1. Marinate the Chicken:
    • In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, minced garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin, and turmeric. Stir until well combined.
    • Add the chicken strips to the marinade and toss until they are evenly coated. Cover the bowl and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours for best flavor.
  2. Prepare the Peanut Sauce:
    • In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and sriracha sauce (if using).
    • Heat the saucepan over low heat, stirring continuously, until the peanut butter is melted and the ingredients are well combined.
    • If the peanut sauce is too thick, you can thin it out with a little water until you reach your desired consistency. Remove the sauce from heat and set it aside.
  3. Skewer the Chicken:
    • Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
    • Thread the marinated chicken strips onto the soaked wooden skewers, dividing them evenly among the skewers.
  4. Grill the Chicken Satay:
    • Place the skewers on the preheated grill or grill pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through and has nice grill marks.
  5. Serve:
    • Transfer the cooked Chicken Satay skewers to a serving platter.
    • Serve hot with the prepared Peanut Sauce on the side for dipping.
Enjoy your homemade Chicken Satay with friends and family!

Feel free to garnish the Chicken Satay with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro for extra flavor and presentation. You can also serve it with a side of cucumber salad or steamed rice for a complete meal.

I can see why you've been obsessed with it lately. It sounds absolutely mouthwatering. I can't wait to give it a try and shared with my love ones. Perfect dish for a gathering! Thanks for sharing the recipe!🍗🥜🍴

Back