Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Olives Recipe

frustratedcook

Culinary Explorer
I am soooo excited to share a taste of Morocco with this easy and delicious Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Olives recipe. It's a flavorful adventure that's perfect for cozy nights in or impressing guests.
Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Olives Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 4 chicken thighs, skin-on
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 preserved lemon, rinsed and quartered
  • 1/2 cup green olives
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
  • Cooked couscous or crusty bread (for serving)
Instructions:

1. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a tagine or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
  3. In the same pan, add the chopped onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, ground ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground cinnamon, and saffron threads (if using). Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
  4. Return the chicken thighs to the pan. Add the preserved lemon quarters and green olives.
  5. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer gently for about 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
  6. Once the chicken is cooked, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
  7. Serve the chicken tagine hot with cooked couscous or crusty bread on the side.

I am soooo excited to share a taste of Morocco with this easy and delicious Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Olives recipe. It's a flavorful adventure that's perfect for cozy nights in or impressing guests.
View attachment 1973

Ingredients:

• 4 chicken thighs, skin-on
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 preserved lemon, rinsed and quartered
  • 1/2 cup green olives
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
  • Cooked couscous or crusty bread (for serving)
Instructions:

1. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a tagine or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
  3. In the same pan, add the chopped onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, ground ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground cinnamon, and saffron threads (if using). Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
  4. Return the chicken thighs to the pan. Add the preserved lemon quarters and green olives.
  5. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer gently for about 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
  6. Once the chicken is cooked, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
  7. Serve the chicken tagine hot with cooked couscous or crusty bread on the side.
Your Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Olives recipe has my taste buds tingling! 🍋🍗🫒 There's something magical about the combination of tender chicken, tangy preserved lemons, and briny olives—all simmered together in a fragrant tagine. I can already imagine the aroma filling my kitchen as this flavorful dish cooks. Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe—I can't wait to give it a try! 😋

I can almost smell the aromatic spices just reading the ingredients list. Also, it seems simple enough to make even for someone like me who's not a master chef. Can't wait to try it out! 😋

This Chicken Tagine recipe is an absolute flavor bomb! The mix of spices with the tangy preserved lemons and briny olives is just 😋👌

Back